SGO Mistika User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with SGO's Mistika system for accurate display profiling and LUT generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling.
The following instructions are for calibration of Displays connected to SGO Mistika with LightSpace CMS.
Calibration of displays connected to Mistika using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple, with Mistika acting as the pattern generator.
- Connect the SGO Mistika workstation to the LightSpace PC via a network cable.
(We do not recommend WiFi connections as interrupts can cause sync problems)
- Open the Mistika mConfig (making sure the Main Mistika program is closed), and open LightSpace CMS.
- Select the 'Network Manager' menu within LightSpace, which controls synchronisation with mConfig.
- Select Enable to active the Network Manager.
The Network Manager menu is located within the top-level icons.
Note: The 'Patch Size/Indent' controls may or may not work with Mistika - check with SGO on their integration status of this capability. If they do not work set the 4 Indent values to 0%, and the BG colour to the default of Black.
- In mConfig, select the 3D LUT tab, where the 'LightSpace CMS' options are located.
(Make sure Mistika is not running...)
- Type in the network IP address that LightSpace lists in the Host IP Address field.
- Press 'Start Socket Color Conection' to connect mConfig to LightSpace CMS.
(The LightSpace Network Manager will now show '1 available client/s'.)
- Leave the mConfic window open
- Close the LightSpace CMS 'Network Manager' window.
Profiling & Calibration
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the mConfig navigate to the desired profiling mode within LightSpace CMS - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the same patches will be sent via the Mistika DVS card ti the connected display and will mimic the colour displayed within LightSpace.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with mConfig displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal, and used where required, either within Mistika, a LUT box, or uploaded directly into a suitable display.
Additional Technical & Support Info.
Additional Software Required: LightSpace CMS
LightSpace CMS Demo: Downloads
German language version of this page: displaycalibration.de