ColourSpace can be integrated with SGO's Mistika grading system for Closed Loop display profiling and calibration, including integrated patch generation.
- ColourSpace INF/XPT/PRO/CAL/LTE
- Closed Loop Profiling
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
- 3D LUTs
Mistika operation and function is controlled via the Network Server within the the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Network Server from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect, and the IP address and Port details of ColourSpace will populate info boxes within Network Server Options
- Connect the display to be calibrated to Mistika's dedicated video output card
- Connect the SGO Mistika workstation to the ColourSpace laptop via a network cable
- Open Mistika mConfig, and select the 3D LUT tab, where ColourSpace options are located
(Make sure the main Mistika program is not running)
- Enter the network IP address ColourSpace lists within Network Server Options
- Press Start Socket Colour Connection to connect mConfig to ColourSpace
(Leave the mConfig window open)
- Within ColourSpace set Calibration Patches to Automatic
- From the ColourSpace Setting window set Patch Size, Position, BG Colour, Scale & Resolution as required
The Patch Size/Position controls may or may not work with Mistika - check with SGO on their integration status of this capability
As soon as the Calibration Patches are set to Automatic the output of Mistika mConfig will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure and Characterisation menus.
To use Mistika mConfig as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The output of Mistika mConfig will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via the Settings menu.
Note: The keyboard 'O' key can be used within the Hardware and Manual Measure menus to quickly Disable/Enable the TPG.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, with Mistika mConfig displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools, and used where required, either within Mistika, a LUT box, or uploaded directly into a suitable display.