ColourSpace can be integrated with AccuPel Test Patch Generators for accurate patch generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- TPG Operation
AccuPel operation and function is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
All AccuPel models are configured in the same way.
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect input/output HDMI cables to the AccuPel, connecting the HDMI out to the display to be profiled/calibrated
(It may be necessary to have a valid HDMI signal input into the AccuPel)
- Connect the AccuPel to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB cable, and start ColourSpace
(Make sure the AccuPel is set to the default Baud rate of 9600)
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select AccuPel from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select the correct Serial Port for connection, and select Connect
- Use the Signal Range selection within AccuPel Options to select Video or Data range, as required
- Using Calibration Patches select the desired patch option to use for profiling
(If possible, Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
- The AccuPel Options menu provides access to AccuPel HDR options
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the output of the AccuPel will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure and Characterisation menus.
To use the AccuPel as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure, or Display Characterisation.
Output of the AccuPel will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the AccuPel displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.