| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

HDCP Compliant IS Mini

Author sillysally
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 6 May 2014 21:14 
If you send a video signal from a Blu Ray player to a SDI converter box via HDMI cable to the SDI converter box and then out to a IS Mini 3D via HD SDI video cable .
Then run a HDMI cable to a display (VT60) from the IS Mini, would that work or would I just get a black picture on my display because of the Oppo being HDCP compliant.??

ss

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#2 | Posted: 6 May 2014 21:29 
Hello SS,

your idea will not work because Blu-Ray Movies have High-Definition Copy Protection (HDCP), so your whole equipment video signal chain must be HDCP compliant.

This will only working in case that you will author a personal blu-ray disk with content that you have not include HDCP protection, stuff recorded from personal camera maybe...etc..

I have created this spec. comparison table with the complete list of the 3D LUT Boxes / Video Processors that are currently available at pro industry/consumer market and can be used for Commercial Blu-Ray Movie Playback.

That comparison screens shows only the device features that are useful or can be used for HT use only.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 7 May 2014 08:18 
That makes sense.

I use the combination SS suggests with my Laptop HDMI output, and all works fine.

HDMI from laptop > Blackmagic HDMI to SDI Mini Converter > Fujifilm IS-mini > Sony TV.

But I'm playing back footage from the laptop, using MP4/AVI clips, etc, not from any DVD/Blu-ray, so I guess HDCP is not an issue.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#4 | Posted: 7 May 2014 08:43 
Hi Steve, sure there is no problem with media files, but with consumer blu-ray movies from stand-alone players HDMI to HD-SDI signal conversion idea can't work, because Blu-Ray Playback from Stand-Alone Player has Copy Protected HDMI Signal (HDCP).

If your notebook has Blu-Ray Drive and you can load a commercial movie, it will not output with you will have connected that HDMI->SDI converter.

For example:

BlackMagic Devices HDMI to SDI MiniConverter does not pass protected Signal... or

AJA HA5 HDMI To HD-SDI/SDI Video & Audio Converter will not pass HDMI video with HDCP copy protection too...

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 HDCP Compliant IS Mini

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0