Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /

can't connect to resolve on mac

Author thisisewers
Mono
#1 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 20:16 
I'm trying for the first time to network a macbook air running LTE on parallels to my Mac Pro with Resolve 11. I can't get the two to communicate for the life of me. Is there anywhere online that I can find a simple, step-by-step manual for this setup?

I've searched and read everything on Light Illusion's site and then some. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Author Steve
Scene
#2 | Posted: 17 Apr 2015 20:36 
You need to ignore the LightSpace component initially and just get the two systems to communicate over the network.

That's not something we can really help with directly as it's a standard IT issue.

When that is working LightSpace should just work via the network manager.

Steve

Author Gabriele Turchi
Mono
#3 | Posted: 19 Aug 2015 18:45 
mmm...how great ... i have the same issue ...and i have been told that in here people are using win emulations on Mac successfully ....
i see nobody replied ... and the one reply did not really said much

did you solve the issue ?

i have tried win XP on both parallels and fusion , on both cases i have network access on WIN XP , but when i connect to Resolve the connection fails (and off course both systems are on the same network)
in the past i have successfully connect LS and Resolve but i was using a laptop running WIN7 over bootcamp

so,

is there anybody here that are successfully using WIN emulations on Mac to run lightspace and connect over the network to Davinci , or Scratch etc...?
any any particular tricks ?

thanks a lot
g

Author Steve
Scene
#4 | Posted: 19 Aug 2015 20:24 | Edited by: Steve 
Sorry Gabriele, we don't have a direct answer, but we do have a lot of Mac based Resolve users - and have had no issues reported, as we have discussed.
But the problem is in getting the basic network communicating between the two systems, rather than focusing in LightSpace

Have you tried the LGG forums - there are a lot of Resolve users there with LightSpace.

Steve

Author Steve
Scene
#5 | Posted: 25 Oct 2018 18:46 | Edited by: Steve 
As a follow-up, and to add info to this thread for future use, we have had reports that the virtual Windows firewall can block the connection, despite it saying it is connected.

In this situation, turning off the Windows firewall gave the connection needed for LightSpace to work.

If running LightSpace on the same system as Resolve, also see this thread: Solution for calibrating a monitor with Resolve 12.5 using VM Ware

Steve

Author Johnmoses
Mono
#6 | Posted: 28 Oct 2018 15:55 
I have an xrite probe bought about 3years ago from you it has stopped working can't be recognised by any software or computer including CMS
Is it repairable???

Author Steve
Scene
#7 | Posted: 28 Oct 2018 18:36 
Due to the low cost of the i1D3 Probes they are not really commercially repairable.

You would have to return the probe to X-Rite, and have them assess the issue. But, the cost is likely to be more than the price of a new probe.

However, the most likely issue is a broken connection cable. It tends to break where it enters the probe body.

I do know users that have repaired that themselves. Possibly worth a try?

Steve

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration / can't connect to resolve on mac Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 411 [17 Mar 2015 10:47]
Guests - 411 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice