ColourSpace can be integrated with Plura displays for accurate display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUT
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
Plura calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect the Plura display to the ColourSpace laptop via a serial or network connection as required, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Plura from the Hardware drop-down list
- Either select the correct COMs port from the Serial Port drop-down, or select the Network Address window enter the required IP address, and select Connect
(If an IP address has been entered into the Network Address window it will be used by default)
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
- Set the Monitor ID as required, matching the ID set within the display OSD
- Set the display's Peak Luma using the Interactive Controls while taking interactive measurements via the Manual Measure menu
(The desired target value will depend on the accuracy of the white point colour temperature)
(Any Space slot can be user calibrated, and can be accessed via provided drop-down list, with the selected slot re-set when a Unity Bypass Upload is performed)
(Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all display settings will be nullified. Should it be desired that different LUTs and other settings remain as defined, upload a real Bypass LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.)
To profile the Plura display with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The screen of the Plura display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Plura screen displaying the required patches.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload into the desired Calibration slot.