ColourSpace can be integrated with TVlogic's range of professional monitors for accurate display calibration.
- ColourSpace INF/XPT/PRO/CAL
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUTs
- TPG Operation
There are two approaches to TVlogic calibration, depending on the user's requirements. The first uses ColourSpace integration for direct LUT Upload. The second uses ColourSpace to generate a 3D LUT, and then uses TVlogic's own monitor management software for LUT upload.
For the second, non-integrated approach, a user guide and associated support information can be provided on request.
The following are the only TVlogic monitors with ColourSpace integration capability:
- XVM-245W-N, XVM-175W, XVM-325W, XVM-177A, LEM-250A, LUM-310A, LUM-240G, and LUM-171G
The XVM-245W (note the missing -N) will not integrate with ColourSpace, as while it does have internal 3D LUT capability it uses a totally different approach to LUT management that is not compatible with external system integration.
TVlogic calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect the TVlogic monitor to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select TVlogic from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select the correct Serial Port for connection, and select Connect
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the selected Profile/Load/LUT/Slot, and associated colour space selection, etc., select Unity Bypass from the ColourSpace Settings option, and press Upload
Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all settings will be nullified, not just the relevant LUTs. Should it be desired that settings other than the LUTs remain as set, upload a real Bypass 3D LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.
While TVlogic monitors can be calibrated using ColourSpace via a LUT upload, the actual profiling must be performed via a an external patch generator.
- Open a second ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select the required TPG from the Hardware drop-down list
(Refer to the relevant TPG User Guide for further operational information)
- The probe must be connected to the same Profiling Window as the TPG
Any patch generator can be used, including direct HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort connection from the ColourSpace laptop via a HDMI to SDI converter as needed.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload.