ColourSpace can be integrated with TVLogic's range of professional monitors for accurate display calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUTs
- TPG Operation
There are two approaches to TVLogic calibration, depending on the user's requirements. The first uses ColourSpace integration for direct LUT Upload. The second uses ColourSpace to generate a 3D LUT, and then uses TVLogic's own display management software for LUT upload.
For the second, non-integrated approach a user guide can be found within the Downloads page.
The following are the only TVLogic displays with ColourSpace integration capability:
- XVM-245W-N, XVM-175W, XVM-325W, XVM-177A, LEM-250A, LUM-310A, LUM-240G, and LUM-171G
The XVM-245W (note the missing -N) will not integrate with ColourSpace, as while it does have internal 3D LUT capability it uses a totally different approach to LUT management that is not compatible with external system integration.
TVLogic calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect the TVLogic display to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select TVLogic from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select the correct Serial Port for connection, and select Connect
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the display, select Unity Bypass from the ColourSpace Settings option, and press Upload
Note: Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all settings will be nullified, not just the relevant LUTs. Should it be desired that settings other than the LUTs remain as set, upload a real Bypass 3D LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.
While TVLogic displays can be calibrated using ColourSpace via a LUT upload, the actual profiling must be performed via a an external patch generator.
Any patch generator can be used, including direct HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort connection from the ColourSpace laptop.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload it.