BMD Resolve User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with BMD's Resolve system for accurate display profiling and LUT generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling.
The following instructions are for calibration of Displays connected to Resolve with LightSpace CMS.
Calibration of displays connected to Resolve using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple, with Resolve acting as the pattern generator, and also able to provide output LUT capability.
Calibration of displays connected to Resolve using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple, with Resolve acting as the pattern generator.
- Connect the Resolve workstation to the LightSpace PC via a dedicated network cable.
(WiFi may work if the bandwidth is good and there are no interrupts... but it is not guaranteed as an interrupts will cause sync problems!)
- Open Resolve, and open LightSpace CMS.
- Select the 'Network Manager' menu within LightSpace, which controls synchronisation with Resolve.
- Select Enable to active the Network Manager.
The Network Manager menu is located within the top-level icons.
Note: The 'Patch Indent/Size' controls define the size/position of the patch to be displayed. To see more about the Patch Indent/Size controls see the Direct Profiling page of the website.
(Also make sure you Resolve project is 'clean' and has no 'weird' colour management configurations!)
- In Resolve, swap to the 'Color' or 'Workflow' menu (depending on your Resolve version), and navigate to Monitor Calibration/LightSpace.
(Make sure your timeline in Resolve is not empty...)
- Type in the network IP address that LightSpace lists in the 'Server IP Addresses field.
- Press 'Connect' to connect Resolve to LightSpace CMS.
(The LightSpace Network Manager will now show '1 available client/s'.)
- Leave the Resolve LightSpace menu window open
- Close the LightSpace CMS 'Network Manager' window.
Profiling & Calibration
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Resolve navigate to the desired profiling mode within LightSpace CMS - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within Resolve will mimic the colour displayed.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with Resolve displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
LUT Use & Verification
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal, and used where required, either within Resolve, a LUT box, or uploaded directly into a suitable display.
Due to the way the Patch Generator is implemented within Resolve you cannot use it to verify any active LUT (the Patch Generator is after the LUT...), so verification needs to be made via the 'Active LUT' capability within LightSpace CMS.
Additional Technical & Support Info.
Additional Software Required: LightSpace CMS
LightSpace CMS Demo: Downloads