The Prisma LUT box supports 3D LUTs for accurate HD resolution display calibration when used in conjunction with ColourSpace.
- ColourSpace Integration
- 17^3 3D LUTs
- 1080p signal
- Low latency
- HDR Compatible
- TPG Operation
Prisma operation and function is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect input/output HDMI cables to the Prisma, connecting the HDMI out to the display to be profiled/calibrated
(Make sure a valid HDMI signal is being input into the Prisma)
- Connect the Prisma LUT box to the ColourSpace laptop via an ethernet network, using a router, and start ColourSpace
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Prisma from the Hardware drop-down list
- Using the Network Address window enter 'prisma-XXXX' as the address, where XXXX is shown on a label on the Prisma unit, and select Connect
If there are any problems using the 'prisma-XXXX' address, locate and use the assigned IP address via your router control interface
(The Prisma can be also connected to via a direct ethernet cable (no router), and will obtain a network address automatically using DHCP, or if there is no DHCP server available will use a 169.x.x.x self-assigned address.)
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the Prisma, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
(Depending on the connected hardware, Unity Bypass may upload an actual LUT, or may issues reset commands, or both)
- Using the Calibration Patches option, and the associated Prisma Options menu, select the desired patch size and BG colour to use for profiling
(If Automatic is selected, patch sizes, etc., are set via the ColourSpace Settings window)
As soon as a Calibration Patches seletcion is made the output of the Prisma will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Measure and Characterisation menus.
To use the Prisma as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The output of the Prisma will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Prisma displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
TV Legal Workflows
Some displays may need patch rescaling for TV Legal ranges when profiling. This can be performed using the Patch Scale function within the Settings menu to re-scale the colour patches as required.
To gauge if a rescaling is needed use the Manual Measure menu, and use the Patch Colour function to toggle the patch output colour between a 0,0,0 black patch, and dark grey up to a value of 16,16,16. If there is NO visible or measurable difference between the two patches a rescaling will be required as the output signal is being clipped.
Note: using a small patch size, with a grey value of 16,16,16, on top of a 0,0,0 black background can be a quick way to see if there is clipping happening.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload it.
With some signal configurations the black level can be lifted, and/or the peak white level reduced - this is usually due to incorrect EDID data communication between the signal source, the Prisma LUT box, and the display.
If such issues are seen the LUT will need to be re-scaled using LUT Tools/Adjust LUT.
Remember to make a re-scaling Bypass LUT prior to profiling, or the patch values will not be correct.