ColourSpace can be integrated with Postium displays with 3D LUT capability for accurate display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUT
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
Postium calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Before connecting to ColourSpace ensure the Postium OSD settings are configured to match the required image signal path workflow
(For example, TV legal or Data range)
- Connect the Postium display to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Postium from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect, and the display's ID will be show within Network Address when connected
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
- Using the Calibration Patches option select the desired patch size to use for profiling
(Automatic uses the patch settings within the ColourSpace Settings window)
As soon as a Calibration Patches seletcion is made the Postium display will show the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure menu.
Note: Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all settings will be nullified, not just the relevant LUTs. Should it be desired that settings other than the LUTs remain as set, upload a real Bypass 3D LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.
To profile the Postium display with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The screen of the Postium display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Postium screen displaying the required patches.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload it.