ColourSpace has an in-built Network Server for integration with a number of external TPGs, including Light Illusion's own Java App TPG, and LightSpace Connect for closed loop display profiling.
The description here uses Light Illusion's own Java App Calibration Client, which can be downloaded via Customer Downloads.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- TPG Operation
- Open Protocol
The Network Server can be found within the the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window, and can be integrated with an external TPG that uses the Light Illusion Network Protocol.
For this example the Light Illusion Calibration Client Java App TPG will be used, and is hosted on a separate PC/Mac.
The Calibration Client Java App can be downloaded via the Customer Downloads button, above.
- Connect the Calibration Client TPG system to the ColourSpace laptop via a network cable
- Open the Calibration Client TPG, and open ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Network Server from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect, and the IP address and Port details of ColourSpace will populate the info boxes within Network Server Options
- Within the Calibration Client select Calibration, and enter the network IP address ColourSpace lists within Network Server Options
- Press Connect to connect the Calibration Client to ColourSpace
- Within ColourSpace set Calibration Patches to Automatic
- From the ColourSpace Setting window set Patch Size, Position, BG Colour, Scale & Resolution as required
- A double click on the Calibration Client window will make the window full screen, and remove the top menu bar
To use the Calibration Client as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The output of the Calibration Client will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via the Hardware Options and Settings menus.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, with the Calibration Client displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools, and used where required, such as within a LUT box, or uploaded directly into a suitable display, or within a grading system, etc.