AEQ Kroma User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with AEQ Kroma monitors with 3D LUT capabilities for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
The following instructions are for the calibration of AEQ Kroma displays with LightSpace CMS.
AEQ Kroma Displays with 3D LUT Capability
Calibration of Kroma displays with 3D LUT capability using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
The ARQ Kroma displays are designed for TV Legal workflows, and so needs to be calibrated as such.
- Connect the Kroma display to the LightSpace PC via a USB or Ethernet (depending on the display model), and start LightSpace CMS
(Note: Older Kroma displays use a USB connection, newer displays use Ethernet with an initial IP address 192.168.8.1)
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the AEQKroma option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window
- From the 'Monitor COM Port or IP address' windows select the required COM port, or enter the required IP address
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Kroma display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked
(The slot into which the Null Cube is loaded is defined by the associated drop-down menu)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option turn on the patch option (only 'Full' patch sizes are available with Kroma displays)
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
Profiling & Calibration
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Kroma display navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Kroma display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the Kroma monitor displaying the required patches.
As the patch Generator within the Kroma display is Full Range, the Patch Scale function within the 'Options' menu will need to be set to Min 16 and Max 235 to scale the profiling patches correctly.
After LUT generation the 3D LUT will also need to have 'VideoScale' applied, to match the TV Legal range of the monitor, as the LUT needs to have video scale data within a data range LUT. See VideoScale for more information.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within LightSpace CMS. With the LUT still held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and un-tick the 'NULL Cube' tick box, enabling the present LUT displayed within LightSpace to be 'Uploaded' directly into the Kroma display.
The location to upload the 3D LUT to is selected via LUT slot drop-down menu.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into the Kroma display as needed, perfect for Look Management as well as accurate calibration to different standards.
Additional Technical & Support Info.
Additional Software Required: LightSpace CMS
LightSpace CMS Demo: Downloads