ColourSpace can be integrated with Konvision's range of professional monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
Konvision calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect the Konvision display to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB or network connection as required, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Konvision from the Hardware drop-down list
- Either select the correct COMs port from the Serial Port drop-down, or select the Network Address window enter the required IP address, and select Connect
(If an IP address has been entered into the Network Address window it will be used by default)
(The default IP address is 192.168.1.155, and the ColourSpace laptop will need to be on the same subnet mask and gateway - 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1)
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
- Using Calibration Patches select the desired patch option to use for profiling
(Custom patch settings are defined via the Konvision Options window - Automatic uses the patch settings within the ColourSpace Settings window)
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the Konvision display will show the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure menu.
Note: Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all settings will be nullified, not just the relevant LUTs. Should it be desired that settings other than the LUTs remain as set, upload a real Bypass 3D LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.
To profile the Konvision display with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The screen of the Konvision display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Konvision screen displaying the required patches.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload it.