The TVLogic IS-miniX LUT box supports 3D LUTs for accurate display calibration when used in conjunction with ColourSpace, as well as on-set Look Management.
- ColourSpace INF/XPT/PRO/CAL
- 26^3 LUTs
- TPG Operation
IS-mini operation and function is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect input/output signal cables to the IS-mini, connecting the signal out to the display to be profiled/calibrated
(Make sure a valid input signal is being input into the IS-mini)
- Connect the IS-mini to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB cable, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select IS-mini from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect
(To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the selected Profile/Load/LUT/Slot, and associated colour space selection, etc., select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload)
- Using the Calibration Patches option select the desired patch size to use for profiling
(Custom patch settings are defined via the IS-mini Options window - Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the output of the IS-mini will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Measure and Characterisation menus.
To use the IS-mini as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The output of the IS-mini will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via the Hardware Options and Settings menus.
Note: The keyboard 'O' key can be used within the Hardware and Manual Measure menus to quickly Disable/Enable the TPG.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, with the IS-mini displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload.
Depending on the settings used within the IS-mini, and the signal path in use, LUTs may need to be pre-process via Video Scale before a LUT is uploaded for Legal Range workflows.