The TVLogic IS-miniX and IS-mini4K LUT boxes support 3D LUTs for accurate display calibration when used in conjunction with ColourSpace, as well as on-set Look Management.
- ColourSpace Integration
- 26^3 LUTs
- TPG Operation
IS-mini operation and function is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect input/output signal cables to the IS-mini, connecting the signal out to the display to be profiled/calibrated
(Make sure a valid input signal is being input into the IS-mini)
- Connect the IS-mini to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB cable, and start ColourSpace
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select IS-mini from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the IS-mini, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
- Using the Calibration Patches option select the desired patch size to use for profiling
(Custom patch settings are defined via the IS-mini Options window - Automatic uses the patch settings within the ColourSpace Settings window)
As soon as a Calibration Patches seletcion is made the output of the IS-mini will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Measure and Characterisation menus.
To use the IS-mini as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The output of the IS-mini will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, with the IS-mini displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
TV Legal Profiling Workflows
If the image signal path is TV Legal, when profiling you may need to use the Patch Scale function within the Settings menu to re-scale the colour patches correctly.
Note: To gauge if a patch rescaling via the Patch Scale function is needed use the Manual Measure menu, and use the sliders to toggle the IS-mini patch output colour between the Black patch  and Grey . If there is NO visible or measurable difference between the two patches a rescaling will be required as the output signal is being clipped.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload it.
Depending on the settings used within the IS-mini, you may need to pre-process the final calibration LUT via Video Scale or the Append/Prepend functions before the LUT is uploaded into the IS-mini.