| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /  

JPAD, a useful software for Light Space CMS users (I hope so)

Author alex_t
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 14 Oct 2014 17:54 | Edited by: alex_t 
Hello.

I would like to share with you a software (for free) that I've written for Windows operating system (XP and newer, in 32b or 64b version). It's a beta version fully tested under Windows 8.1 64b and during a 17^3 profile with the following setup: Light Space CMS HCL 6.6.3, i1D3 probe, video projector JVC X35, Lumagen Radiance 2143, laptop with windows 8.1 64b.

JPAD allows monitoring Light Space CMS when it performs a profile. The monitoring is done by taking periodically a screenshot (from the primary screen only) which is stored on your computer and sent through an email (if you activate this feature). JPAD allows also performing some useful actions once a profile is over such as:

· Power off the display
· Power off an external patches generator
· Shut down the computer

JPAD's features can be activated or deactivated through a simple GUI, the workflow is described in the user manual.

Two examples of using JPAD:

- You can start your profile in the evening just before to go to sleep and let JPAD powering off your display, your external patches generator and your computer (and your probe as well) once the profile is over. This is what I do. Moreover during the monitoring period, JPAD takes screenshots (from the primary screen) which allow checking that all went fine with the display characterisation.

Or,

- You can start your profile, leave your home theatre to do something else more interesting than watching Light Space CMS and, thanks to your smart device connected to the internet, you can follow the profile progress through the emails JPAD sends to you (with a screenshot as attachment). The monitoring period can be set up at 15mns (by default) or 30mns or 60mns.

Note 1: when I wrote JPAD rev0.76, Light Space CMS did not have any auto close feature available. So, I strongly suggest to not use the new Light Space CMS auto close feature when you are using JPAD rev0.76. I'm working on an update to take into account the new Light Space CMS auto close feature. For the moment, JPAD rev0.76 works as follows: when the file in which the profile is stored is detected saved on the hard disk then JPAD forces (properly and safely) Light Space CMS to close.

Note 2: JPAD allows powering OFF the following devices through RS232 protocol:

Display:
- Video projector JVC, all models since HD1 with a RS232 port.

External patches generators:
- Lumagen Radiance mini, XS, XD, XE, 20XX and 21XX
- OPPO Blu-ray player, all models since BDP-83 with a RS232 port.

As far as I know, the only calibration disk working perfectly with Light Space CMS is the Ted's Calibration disk, visit http://www.displaycalibrations.com/ for more details.

I can add a device if you give me its RS232 specification.

In the ZIP file, you'll find the software 'JPAD.exe' and a little user manual (for installation and workflow).

JPAD rev0.76 is available for download at : http://performances-home-cinema.fr/wpdm-package/outil-jpad-light/l

(to avoid the plugin installation proposed by datafilehost.com, untick "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads")

Don't hesitate to ask me questions and/or give me your feedback on this topic.

Thanks.
Alexandre

Author alex_t
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 18 Oct 2014 16:09 | Edited by: alex_t 
Hello.

JPAD rev0.80 is now available:

-- It takes into account the new Light Space CMS auto close feature.
-- Support for SIM2 video projectors with RS232 has been added but I could not do a test myself. SIM2 owners, please let me know if it works as expected.

JPAD rev0.80 is available for download at: http://performances-home-cinema.fr/wpdm-package/outil-jpad-light/l
(to avoid the plugin installation proposed by datafilehost.com, untick "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads")

Please, refer to the user manual enclosed with JPAD rev0.80 for more details.

Alexandre

Author alex_t
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 22 Oct 2014 13:03 
Hello.

I've found out an issue with JPAD rev0.80 : when the screensaver becomes active in the same time a screenshot is taken (very rare but it might happen), JPAD closes with an exception (it means that JPAD is not able to perform the actions selected when the profile is over).

I should able to put on line a fix this evening or tomorrow. In the new version will be also included two new features:

1) a feature allowing to Radiance owner to open a GUI in order to get information from the Radiance and to set : the HDMI input to activate during the profil, the MEM(A-D) to activate during the profile, the CMS to use during the profile.

2) a feature allowing to start Light Space CMS without monitoring nor action to perform. It might be useful for example for Radiance owner to generate a 3DLUT off line and to upload it in the appropriate CMS memory without using the display nor the Radiance menu. (thanks to feature 1) above).

Alexandre

Author alex_t
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 25 Oct 2014 12:12 
Hello.

JPAD 0.90.60 is available for download at: http://performances-home-cinema.fr/wpdm-package/outil-jpad-light/l

Changes log:

- fixes the issue when the screensaver becomes active in the same time a screenshot is taken
- fixes some minor cosmetic issues
- adds a couple of user interface enhancements
- for Radiance owner : allows to start the new app Radiance GUI 0.60

Please, refer to the user manual enclosed with JPAD for more details.

Alexandre

Author alex_t
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 29 Oct 2014 22:05 
Hello.

JPAD 0.91.60 is available for download at: http://performances-home-cinema.fr/wpdm-package/outil-jpad-light/l

MD5 checksum: 40AC7C6A17F9B1B1126279301C1BD207

Changes log:

- SMTP management is improved (tested ok with GMAIL : smtp.gmail.com, port=587, SSL=YES)
- fixes the issue when the screensaver becomes active in the same time a screenshot is taken
- fixes some minor cosmetic issues
- adds a couple of user interface enhancements
- for Radiance owner : allows to start the new app Radiance GUI 0.60

Please, refer to the user manual enclosed with JPAD for more details.

Alexandre

Author jfinnie
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 26 Jul 2017 06:20 
Hi Alexandre - are you still developing this?

I'd like to make a utility to control both Lumagen and JVC X30 projector in a slightly different way - I have an HDFury Linker which can detect if the signal passing through it has HDR metadata. They just released an API. I'd like to make an app which checks periodically the HDR metadata status and sets the Lumagen and JVC to a particular memory. This will give me fully automated LUT based HDR conversion for my non-HDR projector.

It sounds like your app might be a good starting point and save some effort. Let me know if this sounds feasible.

Author alex_t
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 26 Jul 2017 06:29 
Hello.

This first version was not well designed, too many bugs. So, I have made a new version named JPAD Light. I'm about to propose it for download. I need a couple of days to finalize the user manual. This version allows :

- monitoring the PC periodically (5, 15 or 30 mns) by taking a screenshot
- once screenshot is taken it is stored locally on the PC and can be sent to a FTP server through internal network (I use my smartphone as FTP server)
- when monitoring period is over, the app can :
--- shutdown a Lumagen Radiance
--- close itself and shutdown the PC

Unfortunately JPAD Light won't do what you want.

Regards
Alexandre

Author jfinnie
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 26 Jul 2017 08:30 
Thanks for the reply. No problem, I will get to work on my own solution!

Author alex_t
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 6 Nov 2017 06:56 
Hello all.

New version 1.5 of JPAD Light is released :

- name of the app is changed from JPAD to JPAD Light
- JPAD Light brings many improvements versus old JPAD
- it comes with a user manual.

Available for download (for free) on this page : http://performances-home-cinema.fr/wpdm-package/outil-jpad-light/l

Alexandre

Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /
 JPAD, a useful software for Light Space CMS users (I hope so)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0