I would like to share with you a software (for free) that I've written for Windows operating system (XP and newer, in 32b or 64b version). It's a beta version fully tested under Windows 8.1 64b and during a 17^3 profile with the following setup: Light Space CMS HCL 6.6.3, i1D3 probe, video projector JVC X35, Lumagen Radiance 2143, laptop with windows 8.1 64b.
JPAD allows monitoring Light Space CMS when it performs a profile. The monitoring is done by taking periodically a screenshot (from the primary screen only) which is stored on your computer and sent through an email (if you activate this feature). JPAD allows also performing some useful actions once a profile is over such as:
· Power off the display
· Power off an external patches generator
· Shut down the computer
JPAD's features can be activated or deactivated through a simple GUI, the workflow is described in the user manual.
Two examples of using JPAD:
- You can start your profile in the evening just before to go to sleep and let JPAD powering off your display, your external patches generator and your computer (and your probe as well) once the profile is over. This is what I do. Moreover during the monitoring period, JPAD takes screenshots (from the primary screen) which allow checking that all went fine with the display characterisation.
- You can start your profile, leave your home theatre to do something else more interesting than watching Light Space CMS and, thanks to your smart device connected to the internet, you can follow the profile progress through the emails JPAD sends to you (with a screenshot as attachment). The monitoring period can be set up at 15mns (by default) or 30mns or 60mns.
Note 1: when I wrote JPAD rev0.76, Light Space CMS did not have any auto close feature available. So, I strongly suggest to not use the new Light Space CMS auto close feature when you are using JPAD rev0.76. I'm working on an update to take into account the new Light Space CMS auto close feature. For the moment, JPAD rev0.76 works as follows: when the file in which the profile is stored is detected saved on the hard disk then JPAD forces (properly and safely) Light Space CMS to close.
Note 2: JPAD allows powering OFF the following devices through RS232 protocol:
- Video projector JVC, all models since HD1 with a RS232 port.
External patches generators:
- Lumagen Radiance mini, XS, XD, XE, 20XX and 21XX
- OPPO Blu-ray player, all models since BDP-83 with a RS232 port.
As far as I know, the only calibration disk working perfectly with Light Space CMS is the Ted's Calibration disk, visit http://www.displaycalibrations.com/
for more details.
I can add a device if you give me its RS232 specification.
In the ZIP file, you'll find the software 'JPAD.exe' and a little user manual (for installation and workflow).
JPAD rev0.76 is available for download at : http://performances-home-cinema.fr/wpdm-package/outil-jpad-light/l
(to avoid the plugin installation proposed by datafilehost.com, untick "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads")
Don't hesitate to ask me questions and/or give me your feedback on this topic.