Thanks for this feature. I've been experimenting and followed this process:
- Profiled with standard 4913 set from the excellent LG OLED guides
- Created LUT (using Normalise code range, Normal range, Hybrid option)
- Used that LUT to create a "focussed patchset" from the standard 4913
- Added 235,235,235 white which wasn't included (total 4914 patches)
- This contained duplicate patches: so I de-duplicated. Result = 4804 patches
- Sorted with bobof's patch sorter to make an optimum (for LG OLED) sorted version and paired pre-roll set.
- Profiled with new paired pre-roll and sorted 4804 patches.
The reason I used Hybrid above was that - for me - I got slightly better results overall compared with "Peak Chroma", when I was doing the normal one-pass LUT creation.
The profile I end up with, can be used to create a new LUT using "Peak Chroma" without issues. However, I can't get it to create a LUT with "Hybrid", it just hangs. I did wonder if the absence of any "grey" patches caused an issue, so I added some "grey" measurements to the Profile but it doesn't seem to have helped. So my question is, does Hybrid have any restrictions when used with a focussed patchset that I need to be aware of please?