| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /  

ColourSpace - i1D3 & other Hardware Connection Issues caused by 3rd party software

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#1 | Posted: 13 May 2023 08:18 
First, if you have installed any 3rd party drivers, potentially via alternative calibration systems such as used with Argyll, HCFR, Displaycal, etc., uninstall them.
Such drivers will not work with ColourSpace.

Second, ColourSpace very deliberately uses exclusive modes for hardware connections.
This means that if drivers are being accessed by other software, ColourSpace will not connect.

If you have hardware connection issues, check for 3rd party programs that may be causing such problems.

Even totally unrelated manufacture specific software can cause such issues... specifically any alternative calibration programs, as well as RGB Lighting programs.
For example, just about all software from Gigabyte has proven to cause connection problems.
LG have confirmed that their Calibration Studio can potentially cause such issues.
And X-Rite's i1Profiler can cause issues, including their X-Rite Device Manager software.
Also Dell's Alienware software has been proven to cause issue with i1D3 connections.
And even non-related software, such as Logitech Services, have been proven to cause issues.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad software out there, often manufacturer bloatware, as seen above...

To isolate the issue, if it is being caused by a 3rd party program - rather than a driver, prevent all programs from starting on 'Start-up', re-boot the PC, and verify ColourSpace can connect with the hardware in question.
Then enable each program in turn, to define which is causing the issue.

As a minimum, any 3rd party software that caused a problem should be prevented from running in the background, and a full uninstall may likely be required, including uninstalling any associated drivers, to enable ColourSpace to operate correctly.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author nimrod7
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 14 May 2023 21:41 
Thanks for letting us know Steve!
I was hopping to use the same laptop for ColorSpace and X-Rite software which I use for print profiles. I have also drivers and some ancient software and spectros installed on this such as ProfileMaker, Spectrolino etc, i1iO with i1Pro2 etc.

Might worth keeping this thread updated with incompatible software. I will post my findings too once I receive my new probes.
(not sure if the forum supports sticky threads, but if so, this one worth to be sticky!)

Author Jeurome
ZRO
Male
#3 | Posted: 23 Jul 2023 17:32 
Hello Steve,

I'm posting this here since I've followed the connection issues link from the Spyder probe manual webpage, I hope it's the right place.

I'm having issues connecting my Spyder 5 probe to my DPS version of Colourspace. After reading your message I tried uninstalling the other calibration software I had been using (ColorHCFR), then rebooted my PC and then tried to connect my Spyder 5 probe again, but to no avail. I keep getting the "Error" message.

Any idea what could be causing the issue ?

Thanks !

Jérôme.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 23 Jul 2023 20:11 
That suggests you have non-standard drivers for the probe installed.
Delete them, and re-install the standard Spyder drivers.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Jeurome
ZRO
Male
#5 | Posted: 24 Jul 2023 20:50 
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much, I finally managed to make my probe connect. You were right, the drivers I had installed to make it work with ColorHCFR must have been non-standard. The thing is, using Datacolor's software was so far away from my mind that I hadn't even thought of installing it...
Once I installed it, the probe connected just fine in ColourSpace.

Thanks again !

Jérôme.

Author rogermo
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 16 Mar 2024 22:57 
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just bought a new ColorChecker Display Plus and can't get it to be recognized in ColourSpace. It doesn't seem to show up in Device Manager, either. I don't think it's a hardware issue because it was correctly identified when I installed Calibrite PROFILER. I've now uninstalled that software and disabled everything else that might be interfering, but attempting to connect still throws an error in ColourSpace.

I've seen other users mention that the probe should show up as an i1D3 (or something similar) in Device Manager. Is there anything else I can try installing or uninstalling to get it working? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#7 | Posted: 17 Mar 2024 09:54 
Likely some other software causing an issue, as in the first post above, if you do not have an incorrect driver installed, as used by other calibration software.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 18 Mar 2024 10:34 
rogermo
Did you get to the bottom of your connection issues?
The 'driver' is a HID device, so doesn't show as being anything specific in 'Device Manager', but will show as an i1Display3 in 'Devices and Printers'.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author rogermo
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 18 Mar 2024 23:50 
Thanks for following up, Steve. It does show up as an i1Display3 in Devices, but it still won't connect in ColourSpace. I haven't installed any other calibration software but my PC does have some bloatware installed by the manufacturer (ASUS), so I'll try removing as much of that as I can and see if it helps...

Author Steve

INF
Male
#10 | Posted: 28 Mar 2024 11:18 
rogermo
Did you sort the connection issue?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author rogermo
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 28 Mar 2024 14:58 
Hi Steve,
I've just figured it out! I can connect the iD3 in ColourSpace when I plug it directly into the motherboard USB sockets. I was trying with the USB sockets on the front of the PC case, and they won't work for some reason (even though the probe shows up in Devices). I imagine that this is never an issue with laptops, but I guess it can be with desktops.
Thanks for your help with this!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#12 | Posted: 28 Mar 2024 15:18 
I test with a Desktop, and all USB ports work - Front, Back, and via a connected Hub...
Sounds like a hardware issue with your PC?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author PhilipW
ZRO
#13 | Posted: 28 Mar 2024 17:35 
Hello Steve
Is there any way to have other software, like iProfiler, on the same (Windows) laptop without it potentially affect ColourSpace?
If I install it under a different user, for that user only, would that work?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#14 | Posted: 29 Mar 2024 09:17 
No idea.
That is really a question for Xrite - can their software be set to not hog the probe connection.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author RollsRoyce
ZRO
#15 | Posted: 29 Mar 2024 11:44 
rogermo
Some USB ports don't provide the rated current, and adding a powered external USB hub is the answer. This is usually more of a problem with laptops, and with the I1 Pro series of spectrophotometers because of their higher current needs.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /
 ColourSpace - i1D3 & other Hardware Connection Issues caused by 3rd party software

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0