| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Trying to calibrate LG OLED A1

Author Jonahan
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 17 May 2023 18:04 
So I'm trying to calibrate an LG OLED A1 by creating a 3D LUT (gamma 2.4, 709, 100 nits etc.) with i1 Display Pro and can't seem to get it done. Right now I'm using the free DisplayCAL since money reasons have kept me from trying ColourSpace yet. Since A1 does not have an internal 3D LUT capabilities, I'm trying to create the LUT with Resolve's own pattern generator, connected via Decklink Mini 4K. The computer is PC, the A1's black levels were set to limited. For colorimeter correction I used a generic one for LG OLED. White drift compensation was on.

However, after initial successful (I think so at least) calibration couple of months ago with DisplayCAL, I wasn't able to replicate those results even when using exactly the same workflow. Couple of yellow hues are way off base according to the verification, and the results just got worse and worse after every profiling. The highest deltaE was around 5. The amount of patches was small since I was only trying to test things out and get the devices warm. Something troubling I noticed was the fact that the measured luminance jumped around quite a lot between profiling attempts and was even affected by the size of the patch window. Small one = high white luminance and reverse.

Right now I'm not sure how to proceed. I tried to find every available power setting that could have an impact on the brightness, but they were very limited, and don't have any acces to the internal hidden menus. Could some version ColourSpace help me here?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 17 May 2023 18:07 
Unfortunately, we cannot help with any calibration software, other than from Light Illusion.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Jonahan
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 17 May 2023 18:11 
Steve
Yes, I though so and I'm not looking for help with DisplayCAL as much I would like to know which version of ColourSpace would be the best for to achieve what I'm trying to do. If I'm not mistaken, with ColourSpace it would be possible to target and re-measure the trouble making patches without having to go though all the patches?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 17 May 2023 18:29 
The correct version of ColourSpace will depend on the probe you are using, assuming you only want to calibrate the display you mention via Resolve.
This is all detailed in the 'Features Matrix' on the website.

See: https://www.lightillusion.com/colourspace.html#matrix-1

If using a lower-end probe, ColourSpace LTE will likely be the minimum license level.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Jonahan
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 17 May 2023 18:39 
Steve
Thank you! Does any version of ColourSpace have any integration with A1, or is considered manual calibration display since it doesn't have any internal LUT handling?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 17 May 2023 18:50 
ColourSpace only 'integrates' with displays with 3D LUT capability.
All other displays are manual calibration.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author tallLeRoy
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 22 May 2023 15:39 
You might try ColourSpace ZRO for manual calibration. LG White Balance GUI for manual calibration program has just been posted on AVSForum. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/lg-white-balance-gui-for-manual-calibration.3275621/

ColourSpace ZRO and the GUI should both work with your A1, you may need a patch generator, not sure if the A1 includes internal patch generation.

LeRoy

Author Jonahan
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 28 May 2023 14:41 
tallLeRoy
Thanks!

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Trying to calibrate LG OLED A1

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0