| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /  

problem with Characterisation modal dialog box [Answered]

Author argonaut
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 16 Apr 2023 04:35 
Start ColourSpace, and center the Main Menu window on the screen.
Open a Profiling window, and center it on the screen, covering up the Main Menu window.
Start a Characterisation.
While the Characterisation is running, cover up the Profiling window with window(s) from other app(s), and then wait for the Characterisation to complete.
Now make the mistake of using Alt-Tab to select the Profiling window (not the Main Menu window).
You are now basically stuck, as the Characterisation-completed dialog box is not visible, and the Profiling window can't be interacted with or moved or minimized. Using Alt-Tab to try to select the Main Menu window has no effect, and of course you can't use Alt-Tab to select the dialog box.

It turns out you can get unstuck by covering up the Profiling window again, and then uncovering it. That causes the dialog box to come to the front. But that shouldn't be necessary.

This is with the latest Beta on Windows 10.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 20 Apr 2023 10:48 
Just selected the 'other' software window, and move it out the way.
The 'Characterisation Complete' window is then the top window again...

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author airscapes
ZRO
Male
#3 | Posted: 29 Apr 2023 22:49 
This happens when you have the window for CS maximized and the pc screen goes off or you are in a different program when the characterization completes and it is waiting for you to click ok. This seems to be a bug and has happened 3 times in the past week
The way I get around it is to alt-clt-del, open task manager, close task manager, and the CS prompt window will be active so you can say ok and move on with your work. Was on here looking to see if It was just me (new user) or if this was a bug other have run into.
Is if fixed in the current new release? I am using the previous version which I just bought a couple weeks ago.
Thanks,
Doug
Q750i/Planar 8150 /HP 2.8

Author airscapes
ZRO
Male
#4 | Posted: 30 Apr 2023 03:30 
Steve
No that does not work.. it should but it does not.
Q750i/Planar 8150 /HP 2.8

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 30 Apr 2023 09:53 
Thanks for the additional info.
We'll have a look further.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /
 problem with Characterisation modal dialog box [Answered]

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0