| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

LG OLED 43UJ654T

Author stuart_p
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 14 May 2022 07:30 
Anybody know if this LG OLED has 3D lut capabilities with DeviceControl and CSpace?

Thanks in Advance

Stuart

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 14 May 2022 07:39 
Nope, no LUT capability.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author stuart_p
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 14 May 2022 07:59 
Thanks Steve. I'll get a lut box organised. Appreciate the very quick responnse.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#4 | Posted: 14 May 2022 21:15 
It's an LED TV, and LG has a dynamic backlight for their LEDs.

Try to perform a profile and load the 3D LUT as an active LUT to check if it will work before buying a LUT box.

Author stuart_p
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 15 May 2022 11:20 
Hey Ted, you're a gem. I just had auto pilot OLED in my mind, have a lot on at the moment putting together 5 presentations, but this is very useful information, but I must admit maybe things change a little (a lot) with this info.
This is very much appreciated to know what I'm looking at before I get to the venue for prep, it's a panel supplied by the the DoP for the event. It's actually to look at HDR footage not SDR in HDR10 and maybe HLG, so lut box null and void I think and just do greyscale poor man's cal. But I have a BMD available if needed. But at least with this info I can be more prepared, which is awesome.

But dynamic backlight makes me very nervous to show any footage to a bunch of cinematographers. I'm not confident Anyway, reallly appreciate the heads up.

Kind Regards
Stuart

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#6 | Posted: 16 May 2022 07:32 
Hi Stuart,

For HDR, manual calibration of 2-Point RGB balance using Service Menu (if you have access) or regular 2-Point RGB balance menu.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 LG OLED 43UJ654T

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0