| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /  

Focused Patch Set Profiling & Calibration

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Light Illusion

Male
#16 | Posted: 16 Feb 2022 16:53 
mrtickleuk
Not had a chance to look into the requirements yet...

Steve

Author Steve

INF
Male
#17 | Posted: 16 Feb 2022 18:05 
Ah - I've just fully assessed your data.
The one you made with the Focused Patch Set was an Extended profile.
That looks to be what is causing the Hybrid profile to fail, not the lack of grey patches!
A Full Range profile, using a focused patch set, with no grey scale values works perfectly.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author mrtickleuk
ZRO
Male
#18 | Posted: 16 Feb 2022 18:20 
Right, many thanks. Understood! Hence Ted's initial answer via email last night. All makes sense now.
Is it worth greying out the Hybrid option in these circumstances temporarily? (Not even sure if it's feasible to ask for; does that part of the system checks what kind of patchset you've used, or how you'd identify a focused patchset as being a focused patchset!).

Author Steve

INF
Male
#19 | Posted: 16 Feb 2022 20:53 
mrtickleuk
We will just get the different options working with Extended.
We are making a rather large change to the way probes work at the moment, so will get back to Extended as soon as we can.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author mrtickleuk
ZRO
Male
#20 | Posted: 16 Feb 2022 21:23 
Fair enough! Thanks. I've made notes so hopefully won't forget again

Author mrtickleuk
ZRO
Male
#21 | Posted: 25 Mar 2022 16:57 
I was eager to try this again with today's new release 1.0.0.1377.
Used the same (extended) profile from 14th Feb, using Normalise code range, Normal range, Hybrid option. Instead of hanging, CS quickly said "Error: "No primarys and/or white found" (sic). Much better, thanks!
I then manually added video-level red, green, blue measurements to my test "virtual probe" version of the profile, resaved, and retried. It created a Hybrid LUT with no problems.
So it looks that you can now use a Focussed patch set Exported in "Extended mode" to a LUT with the Hybrid option, as long as you manually add video-level red, green, blue and white to the Focussed patch set afterwards.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#22 | Posted: 25 Mar 2022 19:20 
Please check the results.
An old profile will likely be invalid.
Only a grey scale should be added to the Focused Patch set, not peak RGB.
(Oh - unless you are targeting a gamut larger than the display can actual manage...)

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#23 | Posted: 27 Mar 2022 13:38 
The Focused Patch Set info within the Advanced Profiling & Calibration page has been updated to include the requirements for Extended profiling.

The only real change/addition being that standard Grey Scale patches should be added to the Focused Patch Set after it has been generated, or Manual Measure used to measure and add a grey scale to the profile, after the Focused Patch set has been used.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#24 | Posted: 28 Mar 2022 20:15 
If you're keen on gaining the absolute best display calibration possible, the unique Focused Patch Set capability of ColourSpace really is the ultimate, and is well worth getting to know and understand.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /
 Focused Patch Set Profiling & Calibration

Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0