| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /  

patch window should be forced to be always on top as long as a measurement is running [Answered]

Author erazortt
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 8 Jan 2022 13:24 
The patch window should be forcefully put into being "always on top" during the time a measurement is being taken.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 9 Jan 2022 16:09 
No, as they you would not be able to access the main program if you are profiling the same display as the main program.
You would not be able to 'Pause' or 'Abort'.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author erazortt
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 9 Jan 2022 18:44 
I don't understand this argumentation. I was running a measurement on the same display while I was also clicking scrolling through the program at the same time.
If the patch has a 10% size, why would you not be able to access the main program? That works perfectly well in DisplayCal.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 9 Jan 2022 18:48 
If the patch window is made full-screen, as it needs to be to set BG colour for ABL type operation, it has to cover everything.

You cannot have a valid 10% window, unless the BG is a single colour.

Therefore you would not be able to access the main program controls.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author erazortt
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:17 
What do you mean by "You cannot have a valid 10% window, unless the BG is a single colour."? Not anyone cares about ABL since many things which could be calibrated do not have ABL. Like non OLED displays or tvs.

And what you say is actually currently already the case: Since the patch window is now already always in front of the any of the programs windows, it is already now not possible to control any of program controls as long as there is the patch window open in fullscreen (double clicking the patch). So my request was to make it in front of anything not only in front of the program.

The funny thing is, that even in one of your video guides this was even an issue for you, since you interacted with the recording program and while starting or stopping it, it dimmed the patch window. Which exactly would not have happened had it been always on top.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:41 
We have to cover for all users, and all eventualities.
Therefore is not not possible to have the patch window forced to be on-top, as it 'could' lockout the user for the rest of the program.
And if the Patch Window is in-front of the main program, the user cannot initiate a profile...

Unfortunately no, it is not possible to have the patch window only in-front of all other programs, and not the main ColourSpace windows.

And yes, If you interact with other programs while trying to profile, you can/will cause the patch window to lose focus.
That is indeed as expected, and is exactly what I did on one of the videos.

However, you can use a different patch window if wanted.
There is not need to just use the in-built one.
The Java App Calibration Client, or even MadVR TPG.

With ColourSpace there are many different ways to do the same thing - no restrictions.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author erazortt
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:56 
Steve:
The Java App Calibration Client, or even MadVR TPG.

Oh that is actually a good suggestion. I havn't though about that. How do I do that, I seem not be able to find where this is done.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 22:06 
https://www.lightillusion.com/calibration_client_manual.html

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author erazortt
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 22:23 
Ok found it. The madVR option does it for me!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#10 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 22:25 
erazortt:
Ok found it. The madVR option does it for me!

Great!
Another very good option for TPG is PGenerator.
https://www.lightillusion.com/pgenerator.html

Steve
Steve Shaw

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /
 patch window should be forced to be always on top as long as a measurement is running [Answered]

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0