| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /  

A saved profile does not know which probe matching was set when it was taken [Answered]

Author erazortt
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 20:48 
A profile should also save the information the user had for the probe matching.
Currently when loading a saved profile the user will not know if there was a any probe matching used or which probe matching was used when the profile was saved.
So later on the user will not be able to reproduce what has been done.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:30 
If you look in the Profile Library, the 'Type' column has associated profile metadata, including 'Match', which signifies the profile was saved with Probe Matching Active.

Steve

Probe Match
Probe Match
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author erazortt
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:34 
Yes, but I don't know which! What if I have multiple displays, spectros and colorimeters? How do I know which colorimeters I wanted to have matched with which spectros at a specific profle?

When I again open the profile and go to the probe options tab, the probe matching configuration is empty, even if I had one active when I saved the profile.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:42 
I would recommend adding such data into the Profile Name.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author erazortt
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:50 
That is a user experience no go, and you know it!
You really do not like to get suggestions on how to improve things for the users, do you? You should be happy to be getting feedback from users.
I am a professional full stack developer in consulting and so I now a ton about user experience while I also know how it is to interact with customers.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 10 Jan 2022 21:56 
We appreciate, log, and collate all feedback.
But we do not comment on future developments.

The responses here are about how ColourSpace works today, to try to help make the most of what the system is capable of doing at this moment in time.

What it will be capable of in the future is something else.
And we make no promises on future developments, unless we are already involved in the development, and expect the new features to be in a new release shortly.
Making promised that will not come to fruition for some time is never a good thing.

Please do feel free to keep making suggestions.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author erazortt
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:45 
The point is that you seem to not be willing to accept that it is a bug that in the overview (in screenshot you showed here in this thread), it is written that there was a probe matching in the profile, but when the profile is opened the probe matching configuration is gone and both instrument settings say "NONE".
What good is the information in the overview about whether a profile had probe matching activated, if when opening the profile (by double clicking it in that overview) there isn't any trace of the probe matching and the profile behaves exactly like if there hadn't been ever any probe matching?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:51 
No, it is not a bug - it is exacty how the programs is designed to work.

Probe Matching is Retrospective in ColourSpace, and can be applied to any profile at any time.
It doesn't need to be 'active' when profiling.

If a profile is saved with Probe Match Active, it is burnt-in.
(Such profiles show the :Match metadata in the library, as the example above.)

If the profile is saved without Probe Match Active enabled, any Probe Match can be applied at any time.
(The Saved profile has no probe match applied, and is just the raw measured data.)

This is a totally unique capability to ColourSpace.
https://www.lightillusion.com/probe_matching.html
Steve
Steve Shaw

Author erazortt
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:01 
Steve:
If a profile is saved with Probe Match Active, it is burnt-in.
If the profile is saved without Probe Match Active enabled, any Probe Match can be applied at any time.

And wouldn't it be better if the information wasn't burned in but the transformation was saved in a separate field, and just reapplied when opened? Then it would be reversible...

I don't want promises of anything about the future capabilities. I just would want that you understand what the issue is concerning the current capabilities. If it's getting solved later on or not is something completely different.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#10 | Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:04 
That is not how it is designed to work at this moment in time, so again comes under the heading of a WIBNI, not a bug.
And as said, we do not talk about potential future developments.

Steve
Steve Shaw

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /
 A saved profile does not know which probe matching was set when it was taken [Answered]

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0