| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ASUS PA32UCX

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4

Author Steve

INF
Male
#46 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:08 
I have no such issues, using the 'joystick' on the back/side of the display...
But not sure which ASUS models have that control?

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#47 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:12 
That's what I'm trying to do!
Thanks for the input though.
Do appreciate it.
This is the only thread for this display, which is the only low rent over1000nit peak Dolby capable display at present.
tristansummers

Author Steve

INF
Male
#48 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:16 
There are a couple of such displays, but all have similar FADL issue.
At the moment, the ASUS does seem to be the better option.

But, I do expect to see micro-led becoming the future choice....

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author evankultang
ZRO
#49 | Posted: 13 May 2021 21:44 
I just purchased the Asus PA32UCX and calibrating through LightSpace. I'm using Parallels to run LightSpace, and this could be why I'm unable to directly connect to the display for it's iTPG or LUT upload. I may need to purchase a windows laptop in the future.

My immediate concern is assessing the display before my return window ends. I've noticed that the dynamic dimming prevents SDR calibration. If you measure full screen white, and then a checkerboard pattern of black and white rectangles, the measured white is noticeably lower on the patterned screen. I thought the point of the backlight was to locally adjust to content? It seems as though the whole backlight is changing.

Is this behavior different in "high brightness mode"/HDR? If it isn't, I don't see how this display could ever be accurately profiled. Or perhaps the dynamic dimming works properly/locally in that mode?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#50 | Posted: 13 May 2021 21:52 
If the ASUS shows in Windows Device Manager I suspect you should be able to connect to it.
Are the correct drivers loaded?
And are you using Admin mode, as there is an ASUS issue, as the user guide states.

And with the ASUS you should be using full screen patches, not windowed.
With FALD It's kinda the opposite of the ABL issue you have with other display technologies.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author evankultang
ZRO
#51 | Posted: 13 May 2021 22:35 
Drivers installed, but no dice.

Using the full screen patches did produce a better result with dynamic dimming in SDR, but doing the same comparison after calibration of whites across different screens still showed wonky results... ~100 nits full screen, but then 93 in a checkerboard pattern. Disappointing!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#52 | Posted: 14 May 2021 07:35 
As stated, FALD is effectively the inverse of ABL.
So yes, you will see differences with checkerboards test patterns, or small patch windows, vs. full screen.

If you have the drivers installed, and are using Admin mode, and still cannot connect, it might be a Mac issue.
Have you checked any firewall?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#53 | Posted: 1 Jul 2021 14:48 
Might not be a mac thing.
There is a major issue with this display and the USB connections.
It is therefore hit and miss if the data connection has been made.
One thing to investigate is that if you connect display over thunderbolt does it lock the other thunderbolt port to display only, shutting down it's data connection.
So I would advise evankultang to keep trying different connections.
So try connecting the display via hdmi/displayport and only connecting data via standard usb3 port, not the usb3 port.
I may have got this wrong but I would be trying to verify that data communication is happening.
tristansummers

Author jamied
ZRO
#54 | Posted: 4 Jul 2021 12:02 
Hi,
I'm looking at getting a PA32UCX-K and wondered if other owners could share their views on it in general? I have an Eizo CG247X but I want to replace it and get 4k SDR and to have a play with HDR. Does it support all the usual frame rates (I notice its quoted as 29Hz to 60Hz), will 23.976fps progressive work ? How will black levels look on this type of panel compared to my Eizo? Thanks for any advice or tips.

Author RollsRoyce
ZRO
#55 | Posted: 4 Jul 2021 15:30 
jamied
You may want to start here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=PA32UCX-K+reviews&atb=v270-1&ia=web
Monitor reviews and comparisons aren't a feature of this forum, as Steve has previously pointed out in other threads.

Author kevs
ZRO
#56 | Posted: 27 Jan 2023 22:10 
I hope this can be of relevance for other users of Asus ProArt displays with 3D Lut capabilites, such as the PA32UCX.

I'm using an Asus ProArt PA32UCG.
I initially had issues connecting to my Asus monitor from ColourSpace, even though the ProArt Calibration software was able to find it.
ColourSpace was able to find my i1 Display Pro calibration unit, but not my display.

It worked when I ran ColourSpace.exe in admininistrator mode

Steps prior to this:
- Updated the firmware of my screen
- Updated to newest ProArt Calibration software (may contain an important driver?)
- Installed the WHQL Driver supplied by ASUS
- Restarted the computer
- Used a USB-C to USB-A cable (USB-C in display, USB-A in Windows)

EDIT: Ah, this is already mentioned in the ASUS User Guide. Thanks Steve!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#57 | Posted: 28 Jan 2023 11:29 
In the ASUS User Guide it does say:

"(Due to present ASUS software issues, some monitor models may require Admin Privileges for ColourSpace to connect)"

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ASUS PA32UCX

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0