| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Connection issues between LightSpace and CR-100/CR-250 on Mackbook Air

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author gregwwright
ZRO
Male
#16 | Posted: 18 May 2021 11:59 
Can you try running VMWare Fusion 11. Version 12 is for Big Sur and presumably the M1 chips eventually. I have avoided this version for this reason.

I am sticking with Catalina/VMWare 11 until I absolutely have to upgrade. I dont have your probe. I have a iDisplay Pro Plus which works fine in my setup.

regards
Greg

Author yovmoor
ZRO
#17 | Posted: 19 May 2021 06:31 
You can try to launch lightspace in compatible mode under propriety, and also try as administrator.
You do it by right clicking on lightspace icon / propriety/ compatibility/ compatibility mode. And try different OS version inside it.

Author LinasD
ZRO
#18 | Posted: 19 May 2021 11:40 
Just to inform anybody who will run into similar issues. It was issue between MBair, CR100/CR250 and Lightspace CMS. I've tried on two different MBair's with native Win10Pro and VM Win10Pro with no luck. On regular PC Lightspace connects to CR100/CR250 with no issues.

All the best,

Linas

Author glennv
ZRO
#19 | Posted: 19 May 2021 15:29 
Interesting you mention native Win10 on MBair (i assume bootcamp). That suggests that it is likely related to the actual usb connection on the MBair.
Besides that it surely is the easiest and best to run it on a pure windows laptop, did you ever (when native) try to not directly connect it but via a USB2 hub ?
What sort of connection(s) / converters did you use (eg depending the age of you MBair if your MBair has only usb-c )

p.s. Assuming its NOT an M1 MBair as thats a totaly different story

Author Matthias
ZRO
Male
#20 | Posted: 21 May 2021 05:00 
I have tried yesterday several times, to use the Windows emulation Software CrossOver by CodeWeavers. Unfortunately the emulation seems not be able to handle the SSL/TLS connection to some online resources.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#21 | Posted: 21 May 2021 10:59 
Crossover is known to not be a 'full' Windows Emulation.
As such, it will not work with ColourSpace/LightSpace.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Steve

INF
Male
#22 | Posted: 23 Jun 2021 09:14 
As an update to this thread, I have looked into Mackbook Air, with the new M1 ARM chip.
This uses an development version of Windows, and is not guaranteed by Microsoft to work.

There are also many, many reports of issues with USB forwarding with the Parallels version used with Mac Big Sur.

Consequently, there is no guarantee for ColourSpace working with such systems at this time.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Connection issues between LightSpace and CR-100/CR-250 on Mackbook Air

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0