| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Error: No BenQ monitor

Author 2perf
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 10 May 2021 15:04 
Hi,

ColourSpace won't connect to my BenQ SW270C. I get "Error: No BenQ monitor" when pushing the Connect button in the hardware tab.
The monitor's driver is installed on the ColourSpace laptop. The display is connected to the laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, an HDMI cable to be precise. Both cables verified and working.

I tried both and it didn't solved my problem but, to which USB port should I be connecting to? I mean, a monitor has USB ports that are designed to be used by peripherals and an other one that is meant to connect the monitor's "hub" to the computer, they call it "upstream; connecting to the PC" in the SW270C manual. Are we supposed to connect the ColourSpace laptop to the display using a standard peripheral USB port or to the "upstream; connecting to the PC" USB port?

Thanks in advance!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 10 May 2021 15:13 
Different BenQ displays have different ports.
The easiest is to try each available USB port, and see which enables the connection.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author 2perf
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 10 May 2021 16:28 
I found out a Calman / BenQ tutorial on YouTube which confirmed I have to use the "upstream; connecting to the PC" USB port, not a standard peripheral USB port. So, I'm now connecting to the Display correctly and still get the "Error: No BenQ monitor" message.
SW270C Ports

I'm using the provided BenQ USB cable, the same used in the tutorial.
USB 3.0 cable

From the ColourSpace laptop, I can browse an SD card I inserted in the monitor which tells me the USB connection is fine in between the laptop and the display. I can move the patch window to the Display so the HDMI is well setuped too.

Any idea why I can't connect the ColourSpace laptop to the display?

Hopefully, the pictures I inserted will show up.

Thanks!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 10 May 2021 16:41 
I can't confirm the Calman info, as we have no knowledge how they connect.
But, the error message does mean what it says - ColourSpace can see no connected monitor.

This could be a firewall issue, or some other issue with the display configuration - potentially even firmware?
Unfortunately, without actually being there there is little we can do.

The fact the laptop can see the SD card is not really relevant, as that is separate communication to the display's internal LUTs, etc.

I would check all obvious things, as above.
Let me know any further progress.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 10 May 2021 17:03 
Also, do you have the correct Drivers installed?
The port should show as a Coms port in the standard Windows drivers list.
If that is not there, you will not have a connection.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author 2perf
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 10 May 2021 17:21 
Thanks for your answers!
Since I don't know what you're talking about, that must be it!!! ;)

I installed the official driver "SW270C WHQL driver" from the BenQ website.
https://www.benq.eu/en-eu/support/downloads-faq/products/monitor/sw270c/software-driver.html

Driver

"The port should show as a Coms port in the standard Windows drivers list."

When you say "standard Windows drivers list", are you talking about Windows' Device Manager?

Please elaborate on that part as it's certainly related to that.

Thank you for your help!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#7 | Posted: 10 May 2021 17:28 
Yes, that's is the one.
It is a FTDI standard driver.
We have assumed users are aware of that requirement - sorry, I should have spotted that you may have missed that.
And yes, the Coms port will show in Device Manager when the driver is correctly installed.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author 2perf
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 10 May 2021 17:50 
Thanks, I'll have a look into this soon.

"We have assumed users are aware of that requirement"

Where should I have read about that? On Light Illusion's website? I've read many guides on Light Illusion's website and can't remember having stumbled upon information about having to install "standard FTDI" driver. Maybe this should be written on the BenQ page?

Thanks!

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Error: No BenQ monitor

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0