| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Accupel and ColourSpace

Author jpg
ZRO
Male
#1 | Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:31 
If I connect my Accupel 6000 and an i1D3 in LightSpace everything works as expected.
If I connect the same equipment with the same configuration in ColourSpace it does not work.
I select 10% window and Legal range but value 16 is not Black and the synchronisation does not work.
I have tried other configurations without success.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:22 
Sorry, that is not enough information.
Please define the issue in more detail.

If 16 is not black, but is a 'dark grey' then you are not using a Legal signal patch with your display.
ColourSpace uses a very different Patch Sale approach compared to LightSpace.
https://www.lightillusion.com/patch_scale.html

And I have no idea what 'synchronisation does not work' means?
You need to define that in more detail.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author RollsRoyce
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 13 Apr 2021 14:16 
I just did a baseline manual calibration of my living room set on Saturday morning using the latest ColourSpace beta and an Accupel HDG-5000. No issues whatsoever. I then used ColorSpace and my Lumagen for display profiling and LUT generation. A gorgeous picture is the result.

Author jpg
ZRO
Male
#4 | Posted: 13 Apr 2021 22:57 
I ran a Quick profile on a calibrated Sony Bravia LED using the following values.
Accupel: 4K24, 8 bits, Standard Range. I tried both Video and PC levels
ColourSpace:
Settings: Rec709-2.2EOTF, Patch scale: Legal, 8 bits, Luminance: max=127, min= 0.0043
Accupel: 10% window, HDR= OFF
i1D3: integration time: 0.75, Extra delay: 0.35, Intelligent integration: 2.0, Sync: I tried both Freq and AIO
I read the article about patch scale and I think that the values above are correct and yet, level 16 which should be BLACK looks more like 20% Gray.
I wanted to attach the Quick profile but it is not allowed! It reveals some serious problems with the measurements.

Author jpg
ZRO
Male
#5 | Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:29 
If I set the interface to Patch scale: Legal, 10 bits, I get a lowest value of 64 and can get a Black patch but I do not understand the logic of setting the interface to 10 bits when the TV is expecting 8 bits per color in SDR.
There is another problem that I call syncing: the patches on the computer change faster than the ones on the TV and the probe sometimes measures the black between patches.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:41 
You can set the patch Resolution to any Bit Depth you want.
It makes no difference to the Accupel - the Patch Scale being Full/Legal/Extended will make a difference.

As for Patch Sync, that is what 'Extra Delay' is for,
You set it to 'delay' the probe reading.
The delay is within the Accupel signal path, not ColourSpace.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author jpg
ZRO
Male
#7 | Posted: 18 Apr 2021 03:59 
Steve
Steve:
I have tried your suggestion, adding extra delays, and the Accupel still does not work for me in ColourSpace. It works great in LightSpace. I have tried it on two TVs, a Sony LED and an LG OLED with two i1D3 and an i1Pro.
I can not even do a good Grayscale Quick profile. For example, the Grayscale ends with RGB patches. The program never reads all these patches. Sometimes, in the middle of the series the program will show a black patch instead of a middle gray.
Could someone please run just a Grayscale, prove me wrong and explain to me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks.

Author jfinnie
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 18 Apr 2021 21:40 
Colourspace presents patches and takes readings in quicker succession than Lightspace does - it has removed some internal delays I believe. You can do some tests and you'll find that with same delay settings Colourspace will be quite a bit faster (or at least it was last time I tried). So if you use, say, 0.35s patch delay in Lightspace to make it work, you'll probably need to extend a longer delay in Colourspace to get reliable readings.

You can use a patch set that just alternates black and white to check what delay you need to get proper white and black readings.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Accupel and ColourSpace

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0