| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Page  Page 8 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#106 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 19:53 
Nope - but the use of the Limit Luminance options can be found in the Interactive User Manual.
https://www.lightillusion.com/colourspace_manual.html#lut-tools

Click on the menu buttons/options to see what they do.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#107 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 19:54 
In the LUT creation app?
Web

Author Steve

INF
Male
#108 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 19:55 
The Interactive User Manual covers all aspects of ColourSpace.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#109 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 21:35 
Hmm. If I generate an i1Display profile over 0-255 then I somehow generate a unity profile over 0-30 could I use the second profile as a "hint" to override the defective near black points in the first profile. The problem I see with that is the "kink" that would happen at 30. The LUT edit/colour "unity below x nits" function must smooth that kink somehow.
Web

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#110 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 21:38 
Alternatively, If I do an i1Display profile with the 0-255 patch scale but only profile from 30 to 255 perhaps the generated LUT would be unity below 30.
Web

Author Steve

INF
Male
#111 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 21:45 
I think you are rather overthinking this...

Think more about how a Null/Unity LUT could be used with your real calibration LUT.

While you 'could' use a limited patch set, and add a manual black point, the result would be cumbersome to manage.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#112 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 21:56 
Back to the drawing board...
Web

Author Steve

INF
Male
#113 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 21:57 
Would you like a bigger hint?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#114 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 22:33 
It looks like I might want to use "Hybrid" mode for the LUT generation. If that is the wrong track I need another hint
Web

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#115 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 22:34 
Hybrid mode is based on Peak Chroma, but does two things that can potentially help with the accuracy of the LUT's grey scale, and low-light performance, by isolating those areas of the profile, and processing them independently from the rest of the profile's volumetric data
Web

Author Steve

INF
Male
#116 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 22:38 
Ok, the hint is that you will need to use an external program in conjunction with ColourSpace...

Does that help?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#117 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 22:39 
Working... (Star Trek reference) (looking at "concatenation")
Web

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#118 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 22:59 
LUT Image Manipulation Workflow
The following example shows how Adobe® Photoshop® can be used to direct alter any component of the LUT, using an imbedded image as a visual guide.
Web

Author Steve

INF
Male
#119 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 23:02 
Ah!

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#120 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 23:24 
From LightSpace export A Null LUT Image, and a LUT Image combined with the calibration LUT data using the 'Add LUT' function ('Edit / LUT Manipulation / Addition'), or by using existing profile data to build the LUT on-top of the Null LUT Image, as explained above.

Export the Null LUT Image and Calibration LUT Image as DPX or TIF images, and load into Photoshop, with the Null LUT Image as the lower layer, and the Calibration LUT Image as the top layer. The background layer is a bright block colour to show where the 'reveal' is being applied

Using the graphics program tools - 'Select Colour Range' in this case - isolate the areas of the top LUT Image to be replaced with content from the lower LUT Image.

The effect of the selection can be seen using the block colour background by momentarily disabling the lower LUT Image layer, as shown below.

Re-enable the lower LUT Image layer, and save the combined image as a new TIF image file. Import this modified TIF image into LightSpace, where new LUT data will automatically be generated.
The following image shows the new modified LUT data, and when you hover over it the original un-modified LUT data, showing the alteration to the higher-end of the grey scale.

You can easily see the change in the highlights between the before/after LUT graphs.

The new LUT data can then be exported for use in any external LUT box or DI system

From <https://www.lightspace.lightillusion.com/lut_image.html>
Web

Page  Page 8 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0