| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /  

JVC Autocal using ColourSpace Remote Control

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#1 | Posted: 4 Dec 2020 15:15 
The first 3rd party application using the new 'Remote Control' capabilities of ColourSpace has just been announced, and allows JVC's auto-cal program to use ColourSpace for probe control, etc.

It means any probe that can be used with ColourSpace, including probe settings, presets, etc., can now be used with JVC auto-cal.

Really cool!

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/page-63#post-60297327

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 17:34 
Steve,

I'm using Peter's tool to have ColourSpace do the readings for JVC's projector calibration software. I just want to make sure I've got ColourSpace set up right:

I've got the active probe set to my i1D3, the reference to my i1Pro2. I then have to set 'Probe Matching Active' on the Graph Options, or are remote controlled readings always using the currently configured probe calibration settings when doing readings?

Cheers,
Ulrich

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 17:41 
At present, the data sent to the 3rd party program is the raw measurement data, not probe matched, as within ColourSpace probe matching is a post-process.
We have this on our list of WIBNIs to look at.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 23:21 
Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know. Here's hoping that it will make it into one of the next builds. Would certainly make the calibration that much more accurate.

I would argue that if one has probe matching set up that the measurement data sent to a 3rd party program is the probe matched data. If that's not desired, simply clear the probe match settings. I think LightSpace worked that way (if I'm not mistaken).

Best regards,
Ulrich

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 23:25 
LightSpace doesn't have Post-Profile probe matching...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 26 Feb 2021 17:50 
At With the latest build, released today, the data sent to the 3rd party program will now follow the settings within ColourSpace for probe matching.
So if Probe Matching is active, the data sent will be with Probe Matching active.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 27 Feb 2021 00:43 
Awesome! I shall endeavour to test it this weekend...

Best regards,
Ulrich

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:13 
Unfortunately, I didn't get very far: I'm using a RadianceMini-3D as a TPG, but this latest build (v937) is causing it to behave most erratically... I had it set to output full frame. On the manual measure page I have all sliders linked. I only saw a pattern change in the range of 0-64, after that all values looked the same. Values above 250 actually changed the output to a smaller frame and every step until 255 shows a different colour (even though I have all sliders using the same value). Is this related to the patch scale changes you're working on? I have patch scale set at 0-255 (didn't touch this, so I assume it was set to this when it was still working in previous versions).

Ulrich

Author Light Illusion

Male
#9 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:52 
We'll look into it.
As per the info provided with the recent builds, there are likely to be bugs.

Steve

Author Omardris
ZRO
#10 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:14 
The data transfer to the ADD-ON for JVC-AutoCal now also works correctly if the user activates the probe matching in ColourSpace.
So this problem is fixed - thank you very much.
Peter

Author Steve

INF
Male
#11 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 14:52 
We have found the Lumagen issue, and should be fixed in the next build.
That may be later today, or tomorrow.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#12 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 16:15 
Steve,
sounds good. Thanks for looking into it, and the great support!

Peter,
thanks for the confirmation!

Ulrich

Author Citation4444
ZRO
Male
#13 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 16:33 
Steve
Thanks, Steve. I was having the identical issues with Radiance Pro.

Author Light Illusion

Male
#14 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 19:04 
A new build has just been released, that should have a fix for the Lumagen.
I have NOT tested the fix, as it's Sunday...

Steve

Author Omardris
ZRO
#15 | Posted: 21 Jun 2021 08:42 
Hi,
The interface between JVC-AutoCal and ColourSpace, which uses the remote function of ColourSpace, can now be requested via the Addons page pf the website

The Zip File also includes a quick start guide.

The JVC-AutoCal program is used to correct internal tables of the projector if the values are slightly drifted. These basic tables are not accessible for external measuring programs. Unfortunately, depending on the version, the JVC-AutoCal only supports the sensors Spyder4, Spyder5, SpyderX and Xrite I1Pro2.
The functions for the remote connection of ColourSpace are implemented in a DLL that simulates a Spyder sensor for the JVC AutoCall.
This allows to use all sensors for the JVC AutoCal which are supported by the respective ColourSpace license.
The big advantage of using ColourSpace as a measurement engine is not only the support of many sensors, but also the many setting possibilities up to the use of correction methods, optimisation of integration time and much more - you have all the power of a professional engine at your disposal.
The smallest ColourSpace license "ZRO" is sufficient for use. According to the ColourSpace feature matrix the required remote option "Servant" should be available.

Since JVC-AutoCal does not run without a projector, but I have no JVC device, I can only show an AutoCal simulation:
The procedure is as follows:
Step 1:
Start ColourSpace, create a new profile and establish the connection to the desired sensor.

Sensor selection

Step 2:
Activate the remote function "Servant" in the Graph menu and minimise the displays of ColourSpace, because from here on it remains in the background.

Activate remote control

Step 3:
Start JVC-AutoCal and select the sensor "Spyder4/5" or "SpyderX".
The remote connection to ColourSpace will be established automatically and confirmed with a small message box (for security and information).

Start JVC AutoCal

Step 4:
The operation of JVC-AutoCal is done as usual, only that the actual measurements are done by ColourSpace.

JVC AutoCal workflow

I would be happy if this customization could also prove itself in real practice.
However, use it at your own risk and without any liability from me or Light Illusion.
Peter

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /
 JVC Autocal using ColourSpace Remote Control

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 1 [ stephenrjr ]
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0