| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Page  Page 4 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »

Author toby5
ZRO
Male
#46 | Posted: 4 Oct 2020 00:25 
Steve:
Ctrl + Mouse (touchpad) Left Click on the graph icon for the pop-out graphs.
When graph is open, use Mouse (touchpad) Left Click, and mouse/touchpad move/scroll for position.
And Mouse (touchpad) Right Click, and mouse/touchpad up/down for zoom.

With the 3D graphs, Mouse (touchpad) Left Click performs rotate.
Mouse (touchpad) Right Click performs zoom.
And Ctrl + Mouse (touchpad) Right Click performs position.

Thank you for the reply. I have a few more questions. Could you explain to me in more detail about the Chroma Only option and HSL option please? I tried looking through the manuals, as well as the videos, but I didn't see anything in great detail about those options. Also, when verifying the MPVM, I run the characteristics again, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I'm sorry again for my ignorance, but I would just like to be on top of the controls so I can just hop right in with the program.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#47 | Posted: 4 Oct 2020 09:08 
Chroma Only displays just the Chroma error in the Bars Widget, ignoring any Luma Error.

Can help when performing Manual Calibration using a TVs own CMS controls.

HSL turns the Bars Widget, into Hue, Saturation, and Luma (Lightness) bars, to mate those controls if the TV uses them, rather than RGB. You would likely want to change the sliders into HSL too...

Both are for manual calibration of a TV using the TV's inbuilt CMS controls.

As for verification of MPVM, I'm not sure what you mean? We do not verify 'probe matching' intependently, as there really is no point. You just use whatever probe matching you want to use. And as it is a post-process, you can try different probe matches, and and issues will be very, very obvious in the graphs.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author toby5
ZRO
Male
#48 | Posted: 5 Oct 2020 01:07 
Thank you for the reply. I know it was a silly question, but I'm just trying to get my head around the whole flow of the program.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#49 | Posted: 5 Oct 2020 12:37 
toby5:
Thank you for the reply. I know it was a silly question, but I'm just trying to get my head around the whole flow of the program.

No problem - we are here to help.
No question can ever be silly (well, almost no question... )

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#50 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 11:37 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.768 (06 October 2020)

Release Notes
-- Added Klein probes User Control for Max Integration Time.
-- Added Intelligent Integration option for Klein probes.
-- Network server can display multiple IP addresses for one physical adaptor.
-- Added Save option to LUT Tools.
-- Changed operation of Save function for Profiles.
-- Added check for un-exported LUTs in the library on program close.
-- Fixed CR-100 not setting correct Matrix after power-cycle.
-- Updated Klein API.
-- Added alternate CMF option to CR-250/300.

Download Link or Feedback Form here. (the password is known to Beta Testers):
https://www.displaycalibrations.com/colourspace_beta_program.html

Installation Notes
ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.
It will not require to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes
While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform for the availability of newer beta.
However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#51 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 13:20 
An error has been found in build 1.0.0.768
(Exporting some LUTs generates 'empty' files.)

The build has been taken down.
A new build will be released ASAP.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#52 | Posted: 8 Oct 2020 08:36 
A new replacement ColourSpace Beta Release has just been uploaded.

ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.771 (07 October 2020)

This fixes the main bug found in the previous release we took down.
(This was associated with LUT Exports.)

However, the new Klein options are not working totally correctly, but can be used if you use Max Integration Time without using Intelligent Integration.
And at the moment you can't use Klein internal presets – the selection will default to the Zero slot.
(This is a Klein API issue, but is not an issue if you are using Probe Matching within ColourSpace.)

Both issues will be fixed in the next release, which will be very soon.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#53 | Posted: 8 Oct 2020 21:09 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.773 (08 October 2020)

Release Notes
-- Updated Klein probes Intelligent Integration operation.
-- Added workaround for Klein API Presets issue.
-- Updated protection for invalid characters in file names.

Download
Download Link or Feedback Form here. (the password is known to Beta Testers)
https://displaycalibrations.com/colourspace_beta_program.html

Installation Notes
ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.
It will not require to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes
While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform for the availability of newer beta.
However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#54 | Posted: 21 Oct 2020 13:18 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.776 (20 October 2020)

Release Notes
-- Added Intelligent Integration option for CR-100 probe.
-- Adjusted Intelligent Integration algorithm for Klein probes.
-- Added workaround for Klein API issue with Presets selection not being remembered.

Download Link or Feedback Form here. (the password is known to Beta Testers):
https://displaycalibrations.com/colourspace_beta_program.html

Installation Notes

Update Notes
While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform about the availability of newer beta.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#55 | Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:57 
ColourSpace Remote Control (Teaser)

Remote Control can be used within one instance of ColourSpace, with two Profile windows, or more.

Also, between two separate instances of ColourSpace, for Remote Profiling/Calibration, as an example.

For Local Remote Control, a default port ID 20102 is used.

For Remote Control between PCs at different locations, via the internet, for example, the required IP address is prepended to the ID.

The Servant Profile windows are controlled by a Master, with the measured data for each profile held locally, for example, to allow simultaneous profiling of the same patch window with two or more separate probes.

Alternatively, using just one Servant, the remote measurements can be passed back to the Master, ideal for remote profiling/calibration.

A third option 'Averages' the readings from two probes.

...and many more options will be added in the future

Author Steve

INF
Male
#56 | Posted: 18 Nov 2020 22:45 
Additionally, the Remote Control capabilities enable an external 3rd party program to control a 'Servant' profile window within ColourSpace, with an attached probe, and take readings under the control of the external program.

An example implementation of a remote control program will be supplied as source code in C++ within the ColourSpace distribution, or can be download via the 'Downloads' page of the website.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#57 | Posted: 18 Nov 2020 22:45 
We've also added a Secondary Execution option, which enables each patch measurement to be sent to secondary/alternative programs for execution, such as populating an external program or spreadsheet, to plot measurements differently, calculate comparison date, etc.

SecondaryExec

An example batch file will be included with the next ColourSpace build, or can be download via the 'Downloads' page of the website, which generates a .txt file with the exported data.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Haman
ZRO
Male
#58 | Posted: 2 Dec 2020 04:35 
Hi, after LUT Generation and 1000p verification done with Colourspace, if there are remaining red (less than 5 pt) or orange (ard 30 pt) points after verification, how can I correct or remove them? This is for day (230 nits calibration). Thanks.
Equipment : i1Display Pro Plus; PGen; Panasonic EZ950 OLED TV; eeColor.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#59 | Posted: 2 Dec 2020 11:13 
Any high dE points after verification mean there were issues with the points pre-calibration.
It could be bad probe reads, or just that the display can't make those colours.
You would need to assess why the points are bad.
You definitely do not just delete them...

A good test, pre LUT Generation, is to map the display to itself, and see how it looks then.
That will tell you any underlying issues, and help you understand what's going on.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Haman
ZRO
Male
#60 | Posted: 2 Dec 2020 12:36 
Steve:
A good test, pre LUT Generation, is to map the display to itself, and see how it looks then.
That will tell you any underlying issues, and help you understand what's going on.

Hi, what is the difference/benefits of using this method of Display Profiling from your website https://youtu.be/V5LgTLLOH8E compared to the method that had been posted in AVS?
Can this Display Profiling be done with 17^3 cube or needed to be 21^3 only? Your 21^3 profiling only took 2hrs plus to complete, whereas I needed 3hr 16mins to complete a 17^3 cube inclusive of pre-roll patch sets.

From AVS : Native Gamut on TV, native Gamma preset 2.2, Perform only Contrast Brightness check, and pre-calibrate only 100% White for my TV, 109% for LG SM.

Page  Page 4 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0