| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Page  Page 2 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#16 | Posted: 6 May 2020 20:56 
I can see your report of the missing EDR files (i1D3 presets) on displaycalibrations.com, but not any reports on any crashes, or how to replicate them?
But no problem, we will always respond to any/all feedback posted here.
Please do keep providing any/all feedback you can!

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Steve

INF
Male
#17 | Posted: 7 May 2020 10:13 
A new ColourSpace Beta has been released for those in the Beta Program

1.0.0.527 – incremental changes

-- Updated Jeti DLLS to fix Bluetooth issue
-- Updated i1D3 EDR files
-- Added Maths features to LUT Adjustment tools
-- Added 'Auto Connect' option for last connected probe
-- Added 'Characterisation Finish' pop-up, with Duration and Patch info
-- Corrected LUT Export ordering to be fully alphabetical
-- Fixed GUI bug in madVR for HDR enable
-- Added workaround for Lumagen HDR change that is not backwards compatible
-- Change to the way the madVR TEMP slot works
-- Added support for Radiance Pro 5 digit EOTF values
-- Change to serial port detection to locate virtual ports
-- Fixed Manual Measure slider RGB percentage error after HSL used
-- Fixed issue with Pre-Roll affecting Profiling Progress Bar accuracy
-- Some changes to GUI to help with DPI scaling issues

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#18 | Posted: 12 May 2020 21:43 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.545 (12 May 2020)
-- Added Sub Space operation
-- Fix crash when aborting a csv profile without a black patch.
-- Change for Jeti USB/Bluetooth simultaneous connection.
-- Grey-out Undo/Redo in LUT Adjustment when nothing available to undo/redo.
-- Added change to CR probes connection when wrong COMs port selected.
-- Corrected Point Info dialogue box broken in previous release.
-- Updated Eizo SDK -- Fixed non-HDR Lumagen operation.
-- Corrected License messages in License Statue window.
-- Fixed madVR HDR GUI for 'InfoFrame'.
-- Enabled Virtual Probe in restricted probe license levels.
-- Fix DVDO setting not being updated on re-connect.

Installation Notes
ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.
It will not require from the users to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes
While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform for the availability of newer beta.
However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#19 | Posted: 23 May 2020 20:22 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.584 (23 May 2020)

Release Notes
-- Increased Preset csv file patch limit to 256.
-- Stopped info columns in Manage Spaces moving around randomly.
-- Preset csv patch list always shows associated colour name (if in csv file).
-- Internal patch window now needs to be explicitly activated before profiling, if needed.
-- Removed flashing values in Manual Measure during automated profiling.
-- Change to handling for invalid out of gamut probe readings.
-- Added Colour tools to LUT Adjustment.
-- Added initial detection for .csv lists based on Quick Profiles.
(Some Quick Profile formats may not be detected correctly – working on it).
-- Improved operation of Presets in Manual Measure.
-- Increased profiling speed for same exact combinations/settings as previously.
(Users will need to verify if Extra Delay is needed on displays with signal path delay).
-- Added Undo/Redo to 'Apply To Existing LUT' in LUT Generation.
-- Changed 'Add to LUT...' options to 'Apply to existing LUT' in LUT Generation.
-- Altered dE ITP graphing to match the values (no additional divider used).
-- Corrected dE values not updating when Target colour space changed.
-- Added patch countdown to characterisation progress bar.
-- Changed default Drift patch colour to 240 for new installations.
-- Added DIP Mode operation.
-- Changed operation of the RGB/HSL Bars Widget for better manual calibration.
-- Additional change to GUI for Lumagen options.
-- Added Stabilisation Patch capability to Pre-roll.
-- Fixed random crash when Point Info box open during profiling.

Installation Notes
ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.
It will not require from the users to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes
While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform for the availability of newer beta.
However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#20 | Posted: 27 May 2020 22:48 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.599 (27 May 2020)

Release Notes
-- Increased loading speed of large external LUTs
-- Added warning if Profile window closed while a profile is running
-- Added persistence for ColourSpace windows positions/sizes
-- Prevent Point Info window from being covered by other windows
-- Removed potential error with Active LUT when used for Patch List/Sequence export
-- Added selected point highlight in 3D Graphs
(Select point in CIE graphs, and point also highlights in 3D graphs)
-- Fixed issue with Presets using patch set with no Black patch with Auto Advance and Repeat
-- Fixed Probe Match patches being measured inaccurately with an active match
-- Removed any probe measurement 'xy' legalisation for any measurements
-- Changed Luma bar in Bars Widget to have better scale encoding
-- Updated ASUS SDK

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Author Chad B
ZRO
#21 | Posted: 29 May 2020 20:59 
I am having a very hard time getting adjusted to ColourSpace. I normally use Calman and occasionally ChromaPure. I've made LUTs with both programs, on Lumagens and an eeColor box (Calman only).

I bought LightSpace right before the CS beta came out. I spent quite a bit of time trying to use LightSpace, but never could make sense out of it. I read the Lumagen and LUT guides and tried to follow them. I tried making luts for the eeColor and a Lumagen mini (125 pt LUT) with LightSpace and wasn't happy with the results, though I thought much of the problem was my unfamiliarity with LS. Then I tried doing a Sony 1D LUT for a 695ES projector, and it seemed to give an "inside-out" or mirror image response than what it should have. In other words, all GS tracking errors were doubled. I decided I must not be understanding the software and decided to just put it away and wait for CS.

Now that I am working with CS Beta (latest), I'm still finding myself frustrated and am getting poor results. I've reread the Lumagen and LUT gudes. Test display is an LG 55LHX, default ISF Expert mode except local dimming off, increased backlight, wide color space, and adjusted 100% white balance gains only. I am working with a Lumagen mini for the LUT, and I have a DVDO TPG generator. I have tried using the Lumagen as the TPG and also the DVDO.

With this setup I was able to get a pretty good 125 point LUT result with Calman (didn't try ChromaPure).

The big problem I am having right now is the same inverse correction I saw on the Sony 695ES. I ran a primaries and secondaries profile (also tried Cube and grayscale only), saved it, used the LUT manager to convert that to rec.709. I loaded that into the Lumagen, saved, disconnected, and measured with Calman. the grayscale errors are basically compounded. Looking at the Lumagen's 20 pt settings for a clue, I find that at 80%, for example, where blue should be getting cut because it measures higher than R and G with no LUT, the Lumagen has settings of R 79, G 78.3, and B 80.3. So the LUT is actually correcting in the wrong direction, reducing R and G when it should be reducing B. Interestingly, the LUT did seem to flatten gamma tracking somewhat, though it started out quite low and then was too high across the rest of the range (2.45 ish).

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#22 | Posted: 29 May 2020 21:05 
Sounds like you are inverting the Source and Destination.
See: https://www.lightillusion.com/lut_manual.html

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Chad B
ZRO
#23 | Posted: 29 May 2020 21:31 
Wow, thanks! Such a simple mistake. Will try asap.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#24 | Posted: 9 Jun 2020 21:56 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.616 (09 June 2020)

Release Notes

-- Fixed Extra Delay GUI when manual values entered.
-- Force correct LUT extension when exporting.
-- Added ACES import and export to LUT Adjustment tools.
-- Fixed identification of Quick Profiles within the library, regardless of sequence source.
(Any csv file must the meet the specifications for Quick & Grey Only profiles)
-- Added ASC CDL to LUT Adjustment tools.
-- Corrected rounding error in Sliders due to float to base 10 integer conversion. (Moving from % to integer slider values)
-- Fixed scaling issue with some windows on high DPI screens.
-- Added Arri Look to LUT Adjustment tools.
-- Added a lot of new 'back-end' code ready for next level developments.

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Author Steve

INF
Male
#25 | Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:25 
An update on the status of the Beta Program

We have decided to bring forward a major change to the operation of ColourSpace, which has meant making some serious changes to the underlying code base.
This is a reason the last Beta Release was a little light on new features additions.
These changes were planned for v2 ColourSpace, but it seems logical to bring them forward based on the present interest in enhancing Probe Matching capabilities.

The change is to make Probe Matching a post-profiling operation, rather than have the probe match burnt in to the measured data.
This means that the measured profile data is always available without any probe matching applied, but can be seen any time with any selected probe matching active.
That means you can directly compare different probe matches, and decide the correct one to use.

When taking Manual Measurements the same is true, in that you can choose to see the raw probe measurement, or see the live measurements with any selected Probe Matching applied.

When saving the profile, the selection of 'Probe Matching Active' being on/off defines what data is saved into the profile for later LUT Generation.

The options can be seen in the attached images, where the Probe Matching option in Probe Options no longer has an 'active' tick box, while in Graph Options the Probe Matching Active option enables/disables the select Probe Match combination.
(Toggle the images to see the change in the profile graph points with/without Probe Matching Active)

In addition to making Probe Matching a post-profiling operation we have also further developed the Volumetric Probe Matching option, as was promised when the first iteration of Volumetric Probe Matching was released. In the next Beta update we have updated the standard 4 Colour probe matching method so that it no longer uses 'matrices', but instead uses the algorithms we developed for Volumetric Probe Matching. This means the 4 measurements are used to build a 3 dimensional volumetric object that is not restricted to a limited number of matrices (as with the LG/Bodner method).

The initial benefit of the new non-matrix based approach is there are no boundary issues associated with combining three different matrices, and has a further, future, benefit that we can (and will) add an enhanced probe matching mode based on this new process, but not limited to 4 colours...

The new update to the existing 4 colour probe matching method is called FCVM - 4 Colour Volumetric Matching.
The future update to this will be known as MCVM - Multi Colour Volumetric Matching.

And as promised, we will also be further developing the existing MPVM Multi-point Volumetric Matching so those with hi-end probes, and the time required, can choose to get the best possible probe matching on any display.

Steve

Probe Options
Probe Options
Graph Options
Graph Options
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#26 | Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:39 
A follow-up from the above post, as week has passed

We 'hope' to have a new Beta Release in the coming few days.
But, the underlying structural changes that we brought forward to enable Post-Profiling Probe Matching, as well as the advanced FCVM probe matching, have enabled a few other potential benefits for future developments.
To make the most of those future potentials we expanded the core code changes, which has added time to the next Beta Release schedule.
But, the changes (while invisible at the moment) will allow for accelerated future development, so are very worth while.

We have updated the Probe Matching Guide on the website to help explain the operation of the new Post-Profiling Probe Matching capabilities, and how it can be used both with saved profiles, as well as for Manual Measurements - it really is very simple.

Probe Matching

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#27 | Posted: 26 Jun 2020 17:09 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.642 (26 June 2020)

Release Notes
-- Added support for new Eizo internal probe.
-- Updated Eizo SDK.
-- Probe Matching made a selectable post-profile process.
-- Arri Look import export bug fixed.
-- Added Pre-roll and Stabilisation to Probe Matching.
-- Fix issue with some Hardware connections failing after last update.
-- Phase two of Volumetric Probe Matching, replacing the standard FCMM with FCVM.
-- Warning added when Profile fails to save.
(For example when illegal characters are used in the name)

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#28 | Posted: 26 Jun 2020 17:35 
The FCVM (4 Color Volumetric Method) replaces the previous FCMM (4 Color Matrix Method).

The original FCMM process is no longer available in ColourSpace (its available in LightSpace) since a lot of testing using various displays tech has confirmed the advantages and improvements using the new FCVM method.

For this reason, it has become the new default meter profiling method in ColourSpace.

Additionally, the new Beta Release has added the capability for the meter profiling to be performed as a post-profiling process.

That feature has many capabilities.

For example, you can compare different meter profiling methods without taking new profile measurements. (between 4 color and multi-color volumetric)

If you have two spectros and want to compare them, from one large profiling with the colorimeter (un-profiled), you can add the correction from each spectro in the post-cal process, generate 2 different LUT files and then evaluate the results.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#29 | Posted: 9 Jul 2020 22:53 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.659 (09 July 2020)

Release Notes
-- Arri Look LogC import/export bug fixed.
-- Added new Test Patterns.
-- Remaining LUT Filter options added, with new selection capabilities.
-- Corrected issue with PhotoResearch probes not connecting.
-- Added Edit Point capability to Point Info window.
-- Added support for new Eizo internal probe.

Download Link or Feedback Form here. (the password is known to Beta Testers): https://www.displaycalibrations.com/colourspace_beta_program.html

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#30 | Posted: 16 Jul 2020 21:21 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.675 (16 July 2020)

Release Notes

-- Fixed ASC CDL import bug.
-- Correct ASC CDL Append/Prepend error.
-- Enabled Colour filter Reset function.
-- Corrected USB/Serial connection issue with Murideo SEVEN.
-- Fixed issue with Keyspan USB/Serial adapter.
-- Fixed Probe Matching issue on display with 'zero' black level.
-- Added Auto Connect for Hardware.
-- Enabled configuring Probe Matching with no probe connected.
-- Fixed issue with Min/Max Target not being read correctly with Auto ^ and existing profile.
-- Fixed issue with Zoom Widget occasionally being corrupted.
-- Delete Points now clears all graphs.
-- Download Link or Feedback Form here. (the password is known to Beta Testers)

https://www.displaycalibrations.com/colourspace_beta_program.html

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Page  Page 2 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0