| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Page  Page 1 of 10:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#1 | Posted: 3 May 2020 12:07 
With the ColourSpace Beta Program now up and running, and already looking very good, this thread is for discussions that are outside of the Bugs/WIBNI reporting process in place via displaycalibrations.com.

So please feel free to discuss general topics here, such as User Operation type questions.

We will be making user guide videos, but they are not yet available...
(Just the previous overview videos. )

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author yovmoor
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 3 May 2020 19:25 
Sorry wrong forum...but I can't post on displaycalibration for now

Hello,
I import a 3d cube lut and I display it inside LUT TOOLS I go to ADJUST LUT in FILTERS tab all the option are not available (Unity, Mono, Grey etc...) only the APPLY button are available but nothing (empty) in the list on each filters. Same for the tabs COLOUR , MATHs and PRO. Only the tabs SCALING are working with option (video scale, Append, Prepend list (Clip black, Pass black etc...) and I can use APPLY button.
I have the XPT license.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 3 May 2020 19:42 
Indeed - please got to https://www.lightillusion.com/colourspace.html, and select the 'Beta Program' Tab.
All is explained there s to what features are presently available, or not.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author mandragora
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 4 May 2020 07:16 
Hello there,
I've spent some time on familiarizing with the new ColourSpace coming from LightSpace.
One thing I haven't been able to find is how to specify gamma for a given color space.
In light space you were able to specify for example for DCI-P3 a gamma of 2.4, can you do the same within ColourSpace ?
if not I guess that the software for example will use the standard 2.6 for DCI-P3 and 2.4 for REC2020 ?

thanks a lot for the clarification,

Ben

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 4 May 2020 08:36 
Yes, you can do exactly the same in ColourSpace, and can set any gamma value for any colour space.
You just select one of the default colour spaces in the 'Library', and then select 'Modify'
You can then change any value, and save as a new User colour space.

Later, we will be separating Gamut from the EOTF/Gamma, so it will be even easier.

The same process is used for BPD Extraction, Profile re-naming, etc...

Steve

Modify Colour Space
Modify Colour Space
Steve Shaw

Author skubasam
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 5 May 2020 19:45 
Took me a little bit to figure out to just modify and it would save a new one. I was trying to export and rename it, needless to say just modifying is much better.

Did my old Samsung TV this weekend and everything went pretty slick! I did get the program to crash twice but tried to repeat it and couldn't. I was doing a read on the primary and secondary colors and was clicking throu the tabs and it brought up an error and closed the program.

The only other issues I had were from my lack of knowledge what certain values mean. I'm very impressed with this software.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#7 | Posted: 5 May 2020 20:16 
skubasam
Thanks for the feedback.
If you can find a way to replicate the crash, please let us know.
When you say you were 'clicking through tabs', what tabs exactly, and what workflow were you doing?
(What clicks, and GUI changes, etc?)

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author skubasam
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 5 May 2020 20:43 
First I'll have to say excuse my ignorance for what workflow is. I'm away from my PC so I'll do my best to relay what I was doing both times and explain it the best I can. I'm using a i1 pro and a raspberry pie 3 as a generator over the network.
One time I was reading the display using the built in primary and secondary color list. While it was in the middle of taking the reading I was clicking on the upper right hand tabs where you select the probe the patch generator and manual measurements. I don't remember exactly the combo I was doing but I was just cycling through those exploring but not changing anything. When I clicked the next tab (can't remember what one) it crashed.
The second one was very similar but I was reading the color patches maybe called color match? While it was taking those readings I did the same and kicked on the manual measurement or one of those tabs and it crashed.
The first time I shrugged it off and figured stuff was bound to happen with it still being a beta the second time though I figured it was maybe an issue I could relay to help solve. So I went out the rest of the time I was working on that tv to try my best to replicate it so I had good data but I couldn't get it to crash.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#9 | Posted: 6 May 2020 12:36 
Just spent the past hour or so trying everything I can with an i1Display Pro and a PGen, and cannot cause any crash...
Seems it must be something else. Let us know if you manage to replicate it.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author skubasam
ZRO
#10 | Posted: 6 May 2020 13:02 
Steve
I will definitely do that if I can replicate it.

Author Make73
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 6 May 2020 20:03 
i1D3 Support Files

How about ColourSpace and FSI_XM55U_23Jan19.edr , so support for WRGB OLED ?

Can´t see it at C:\Users\Xxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Light Illusion\ColourSpace\i1d3 Support Files\
like it´s on the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Light Illusion\LightSpace CMS\i1d3 Support Files\

Author Steve

INF
Male
#12 | Posted: 6 May 2020 20:22 
You can just copy them out from the LightSpace program installation folder for now.
But we will add them in to the default ColourSpace installation too.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Make73
ZRO
#13 | Posted: 6 May 2020 20:29 
Okay, thanks
I didn´t notice that when profiling so I have to do it again, I choose OLED from dropdown menu.

I got also one crash to desktop when playing with software at first time last weekend.
Can´t remember exact reason for that but I was mess with RPi direct network connection.
It´s good to know that with Win10 you should allow ColourSpace.exe to firewall.
Open WIndows Firewall setting and add new rules for incoming and outcoming (program...explore ColourSpace.exe...allow)

Author Steve

INF
Male
#14 | Posted: 6 May 2020 20:44 
Please feedback bugs/crashed via the displaycalibratons.com form, including ways to replicate any issues.
(Just saying 'I had a crash' is no help to anyone - any reported issues need to include ways to replicate the reported issue.)

And yes, standard Windows firewall rules apply - that is nothing to do with ColourSpace.

But, this forum thread is for user operational questions, not bug reporting.
All bug reports need to be via the displaycalibratons.com form.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Make73
ZRO
#15 | Posted: 6 May 2020 20:47 
Choosing right display type is operational I think
Mentioned that firewall thing because I´m sure not only one who wonder why it´s not show up to CS. Operational also
But sorry if I choose wrongly my words.

But yes, contacted already two times to Ted about bugs.

Page  Page 1 of 10:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0