| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /  

WiFi / Ethernet connectivity issues

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 2 Mar 2020 22:25 
I have been searching these forums trying to figure out how to get my PGenerator to connect to my network, either by WiFi or by wired Ethernet. I can connect to it via Bluetooth, or by WiFi directly (using the access point capability of PGenerator). I haven't gotten very far into Device Control, so I suspect that's where I need to look for answers, but so far I haven't seen how to make configuration changes. (Actually, I thought it should connect to my router via DHCP WITHOUT my having to make any configuration changes...)

I have gotten far enough to to an update, so I should have the latest software on board...

Author biasi
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 09:04 
which version of rpi?

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 13:13 
It's a 3+, and both wi-fi and wired work fine with a regular Debian OS loaded...

Author biasi
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 14:27 
for wired network the rpi is configured to get a dynamic ip address from your dhcp server;can you install putty program and login to rpi with username root and password PGenerator!!$ and execute the command:
cat /etc/network/network.d/*
and write here the output?

thanks

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 20:27 
cat / etc/network/network.d/* returns "No such file or directory"

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 20:31 
I am getting a successful (but intermittent) WIRED connection to my router now. It seems to come and go (router shows it connected for a minute or so, then disappears)

Author biasi
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 20:32 
you have added a space betwen "/" and "etc";the right command is:
cat /etc/network/network.d/*

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 20:42 
different typo...

response is:
dhcpcd --metric 50 -M -b eth0
ifconfig wlan0 10.10.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

note actual dhcp address is 192.168.1.60, but as I said it doesn't always show
as connected in router

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 21:14 
"If you want to configure Wi-Fi access and / or change the RPI configuration, look for an Admin module in the Cloud, load it in Local (drag), connect and click on the Admin module."

I am to this point, but I haven't found any specific instructions as to how to get the RPi to actually connect via WiFi. I can enter my SSID and Password, but then what???

Author biasi
ZRO
#10 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 21:38 
after you have configured "Wifi Net" and "Password" field you have to click on "Connect to" field and wait the device connects to wifi net;after some seconds do a refresh of the page and check "Wifi Client Status" field

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 22:01 
Presume you mean "Available Wireless SSID" field and "Wireless Password" field, then click the upload button to the far right of "Connect"?

Doing this does not appear to have any effect.

By the way, I have everything working fine now using the wired connection [Thanks!!]... I just want to move to wireless...

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#12 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 22:04 
I think it's using its WiFi to look for client to connect to it in AP mode, not as a client looking to connect to an AP

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#13 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 22:14 
wpa_state=SCANNING

Author rlhenne
ZRO
#14 | Posted: 4 Mar 2020 21:01 
OK, I finally got this to work, just by poking around.

On the NET page, I had to select the desired Wireless SSID from a drop-down box under "Available Wireless SSID", EVEN THOUGH THE CORRECT WIRELESS SSID WAS ALREADY SHOWING IN THE BOX! After doing that, the "Connect" function worked properly.

Finally think I have everything working now, thanks for your assistance!

Author Aspen
ZRO
#15 | Posted: 18 Apr 2020 21:46 
Have a request How do I reset my cloud user account to add memories to my RPI Pgenerator. I must have skipped through the setup of the cloud user account.
Thanks Steve

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /
 WiFi / Ethernet connectivity issues

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0