| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /  

DeviceControl or DDC with LightSpace for Panasonic displays

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 13:18 
Hi,

Are there any plans or even interest, in integrating direct display control/ DeviceControl, for the Panasonic OLED's, with LightSpace?

Thanks,

Paul

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#2 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 13:42 
Hi Paul,

DeviceControl is currently supporting DDC from these Panasonic models:

vx300
bt300
zt60
vt60
gt60
wt60
dt60
ft60
vt50
gt50
wt50
dt50
as800
ax800
ax900
dx800
dx900
cr850
cx800
cz950
ez950
ez1000
fz950
vt30
gt30
dt30

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 13:47 
Thanks Ted.

Do you think the GZ2000 will be added to that list, anytime soon? Or is it a case of someone trying it, and confirming it works now?

It'll save me buying Calman Home for Panasonic.

Paul

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#4 | Posted: 13 Sep 2019 10:01 
Hi Paul,

GZ2000 has 12-Point Grayscale and CMS.

In the template it has 12-Point Grayscale and CMS, so it may work.

Try to create a device Panasonic FZ and check and check which functions of the template are working.

Probably all will be working.

Look some info about how to connect: https://www.avmagazine.it/forum/88-calibrazione-proiettori-e-display/259281-guida-all -utilizzo-di-devicecontrol-software-per-il-controllo-dei-device

If you have any question contact me there: https://displaycalibrations.com/contact_us.html

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 13:56 
Thanks Ted.

The GZ's have inbuilt pattern generators, so it would be great if LightSpace/ DeviceControl could drive this feature but, checking the current functions will be the first test.

Paul

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#6 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 14:30 
We are interesting about the results coming only from HDMI Input patch generation or verification. For that reason we generate patterns only using the HDMI Input, so to include all the display internal processing/colorspace conversions during the patch generation.

When you are using iTPG, there video signal processing steps which are bypassed, so you will still need to generate patterns from the HDMI Input to evaluate the results.

For these 2 reasons its not so interesting feature to be added to DeviceControl, as we are interested to maximize and do proper calibration steps correctly.

Using PGeneration, which is bit-perfect solution and low cost solution to use for RGB 16-255/16-235 patch generation with LightSpace, its the recommended solution we suggest to LightSpace/ColourSpace users, as they will be able to use it as 'bit-perfect @ RGB triplet' patch generation to calibrate/verify any display/projector model they want.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#7 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 14:35 
As Ted says, in any of the WOLED LG panel based TVs, the patch generator is in the wrong place, so is not viable for accurate calibration.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 16:45 
ConnecTED:
We are interesting about the results coming only from HDMI Input patch generation or verification. For that reason we generate patterns only using the HDMI Input, so to include all the display internal processing/colorspace conversions during the patch generation. When you are using iTPG, there video signal processing steps which are bypassed, so you will still need to generate patterns from the HDMI Input to evaluate the results.For these 2 reasons its not so interesting feature to be added to DeviceControl, as we are interested to maximize and do proper calibration steps correctly. Using PGeneration, which is bit-perfect solution and low cost solution to use for RGB 16-255/16-235 patch generation with LightSpace, its the recommended solution we suggest to LightSpace/ColourSpace users, as they will be able to use it as 'bit-perfect @ RGB triplet' patch generation to calibrate/verify any display/projector model they want.

Thanks Ted, that's very interesting and new information that I wasn't aware of.

As eluded to above, I was looking at this as an alternative to buying Calman Home for Panasonic but, as that will too use the iTPG, I'll save my money and buy/ build an Raspberry Pie instead and use PGeneration.

I've just used madVR to calibrate my current LG B6 and whilst it seemed to work well, it's difficult to pin down exactly what it's outputting. I.e. the chroma sampling level and resolution and refresh rate. The laptop I use for LightSpace doesn't support HDR either so, because of these factors, it's not a reliable option for me.

Paul

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 30 Sep 2019 09:11 
Just by way of an update, I got DeviceControl to work, driving my GZ2000, by creating an EZ device and using a Cloud GZ template.

I had a few disconnects, so will try hardwiring the driving laptop to the network next time. The TV is already hardwired in.

Paul

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#10 | Posted: 30 Sep 2019 10:03 
youngsyp

Hi Paul,

So the DDC of 12-Point Grayscale/CMS or other DDC controls is working without any problem?

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 30 Sep 2019 10:12 
ConnecTED:
Hi Paul,So the DDC of 12-Point Grayscale/CMS or other DDC controls is working without any problem?

Hi Ted,
Everything I tried to adjust worked but, I only used it briefly so didn't check everything.

If I get time this evening, I'll take another look and verify which settings can be DDC'd.

Paul

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#12 | Posted: 8 Oct 2019 09:04 
Hi Paul,

Have you experienced any problem so far?

Author youngsyp
ZRO
#13 | Posted: 30 Oct 2019 08:27 
ConnecTED
Hi Ted,

Apologies, only just seen your post.

No problems thus far but, I've not used it other than to verify functionality. Seems to work as expected though.

I've acquired an old AVFoundry VideoForge Classic (cheaply) and clearly can't drive that with LightSpace (although, it does show it's IP address in the Network Manager...) , so will buy a license for Calman Home for Panasonic to drive that and DDC the GZ2000. I plan on buying a modern TPG at some point, preferably one that LightSpace can drive.

Paul

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /
 DeviceControl or DDC with LightSpace for Panasonic displays

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0