| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

LUT upload from LightSpace to NEC PA243W

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author lightspace
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 11:27 
Hi Steve,

We have successfully created a working 3D LUT inside Lightspace for our NEC PA243W monitor, the problem we have now is uploading that 3D LUT to the monitor. We tried using the upload feature in Lightspace, following the steps of NEC monitor guide page on Light illusions, but that has caused more errors.

Step Taken

- Firstly we connected the windows machine to the NEC PA243W display via USB and HDMI
- Then we opened up LightSpace on the windows machine
- We then opened the OSD on the NEC PA243W and selected the picture mode we wanted to overwrite with the new settings
- On LightSpace we navigated to File then Upload and selected NEC in the 'Select the device type' drop down window
- LightSpace would then freeze for 5 seconds, then pops up with the error message 'Failed to set NEC monitor index Failed setPicurePreset, NEC VCPSetGet error'.
Error  Message
- We then clicked ok on the error message window, then all the options in the upload window became greyed out apart from 'NULL Cube'
- When we ticked 'NULL Cube' and click upload we got another error 'Failed to set NEC monitor index Invalid NEC interface idx'

There are no other options to try after doing this all the options become greyed out. Are there any other steps we should be taking? And what do these error messages mean?

Thanks Josh

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 12:53 
We then opened the OSD on the NEC PA243W and selected the picture mode we wanted to overwrite with the new settings

Where in the user guide does it say to do that?

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author lightspace
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 13:34 
Hey Steve,

In the Initial Setup section, it says 'Use the OSD to select the Picture mode you want to assign the settings to', I just worded it badly, all we did was select one of the picture modes.

Thanks Josh

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 16:45 
Did you follow the rest of the guide:

Using the 'Select Preset' option select the desired display preset to use.
(Or to keep things simple just select Preset #1 if you selected "Picture Mode #1" etc.)

You have to match the 'slots' for the upload to work.

Alternatively, how old is the display.
Do you have the latest NEC firmware?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 16:48 
Ah!
The error: 'Failed to set NEC monitor index Invalid NEC interface idx' seems to mean the NEC is not providing the correct 'id' info.
That is an NEC issue.
I think you are going to have to talk to NEC.

Sorry - I was a tad confused reading your info.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 18:51 
Josh - I've looked into the further.

Are both the HDMI and the USB cables connected to the LightSpace PC?
That may be causing you an issue with the upload, as it seems some NEC's can't differentiate between the 'connection' data being via the USB, or HDMI.
Try using just the USB, or just the HDMI at a time for the data connection.
(Some NEC's will not work with HDMI for the data connection - just for video - so will only work with USB.)

We think in your case the display is getting confused with the two connections.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author lightspace
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:10 
Hey Steve,

Thanks for looking further into it, I tried using just the HDMI cable and it gave the same errors as before. However, when I used just the USB connection it gave me and error message saying 'Failed to init NEC monitor Failed to generate NEC interface list' as shown in the attached picture. All the options in the upload window are still greyed out and cannot be changed.
USB only error message

Thanks Josh

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 31 Jul 2019 15:55 
That says the display is not communicating with LightSpace correctly.
So we are back to a prossible firmware issue with the NEC?
If LightSpace cannot communicate with the NEC, an interface option list cannot be generated, and all LightSpace options will remain greyed-out.

Alternatively, have you checked the driver within Windows for the NEC?
It should be installed automatically, but may be corrupt?

Can NEC's MultiProfiler Software see the display?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author lightspace
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 31 Jul 2019 16:27 
Hey Steve,

NEC's MultiProfiler Software can see the display and is able to edit and change the picture modes. The edited picture modes can be uploaded to the monitor using the MultiProfiler. It also says the monitors current firmware is up to date. I have already tried reinstalling the driver within Windows for the NEC monitor, but it hasn't made any difference.

Thanks

Josh

Author Steve

INF
Male
#10 | Posted: 31 Jul 2019 16:48 
That is all very strange - we have an NEC here, and it works perfectly...
I really am at a loss now.

Is the display on a network with anything else connected?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#11 | Posted: 31 Jul 2019 16:59 
Actually, the MultiProfiler Software isn't running in the background, and hogging the communication, is it?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author lightspace
ZRO
#12 | Posted: 1 Aug 2019 16:21 
Hey Steve,

The display is connected to the windows machine and nothing else.
I have tried uploading the 3D LUT from Lightspace with MultiProfiler opened and closed, but it hasn't made a difference. I have also tried connecting other NEC monitors that we have, and still get the same error.

We are running Windows dual booted on a MacBook Pro, do you think this could be causing the errors?

Thanks Josh

Author Steve

INF
Male
#13 | Posted: 1 Aug 2019 22:33 
Ah!
Mac does cause issues.
Try searching this forum for info on Mac connection issues.
(For example: https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=17&topic=358)

I assume the MultiProfiler is a Mac version, not Windows.
You should test with the Windows version in the same setup as LightSpace.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author lightspace
ZRO
#14 | Posted: 2 Aug 2019 17:18 
Hey Steve,

Windows is not running on a virtual machine on our Mac, it has been installed using Boot Camp, but it still may be the cause of all our issues.
We have one actual Windows machine here, is there a way for us to transfer our LightSpace license from one machine to another?
Or is there a way we could use a trial version to test and see if the upload feature works on the Windows machine?

Thanks Josh

Author Steve

INF
Male
#15 | Posted: 4 Aug 2019 09:57 
You'll need to follow the instructions on the Support pages.
https://www.lightillusion.com/upgrades_licenses.html

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 LUT upload from LightSpace to NEC PA243W

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0