| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /  

PGenerator – Connectivity Guide Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author biasi
ZRO
#16 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 10:55 
on Raspberry PI3 B Plus version there is a bug in bluetooth firmware (BCM4345C0.hcd file) that assigns the wrong mac address 43:43:A1:12:1F:AC preventing the PAND from working
I have done a patch to fix this issue and now the correct bluetooth mac address is assigned
here you can find more information: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/860

Author RollsRoyce
ZRO
#17 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 15:07 
Will we need to do a "pkg_update" on the PGenerator?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#18 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 15:21 
Yep - as per the User Guide page of the website.
https://www.lightillusion.com/pgenerator_manual.html
(Just did mine...)

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author RollsRoyce
ZRO
#19 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 15:33 
Got it. Thanks, Steve!

Author RollsRoyce
ZRO
#20 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 23:08 
Worked a treat!

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#21 | Posted: 13 Sep 2019 18:14 
@biasi

When I right click on the Bluetooth icon in my Windows 10 notification area I only see a "go to settings choice"...join personal area Network is not visible. Any idea why? I was able to discover the PGenerator and connect to it in Windows 10 Bluetooth settings but when I go into LightSpace and network management LightSpace is not seeing it...this is an older Bluetooth dongle I am using...says "Plugable" on the top of it.

Author biasi
ZRO
#22 | Posted: 13 Sep 2019 19:26 
when bluetooth is working the rpi is reachable with ip address 10.10.11.1 via bluetooth pan area network;not all bluetooth dongles have implemented this function:which dongle is installed on your pc?

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#23 | Posted: 13 Sep 2019 19:37 
The PC I am using with LightSpace is a Dell Tablet with Bluetooth support built in. The Bluetooth dongle in question is attached to my older Raspberry Pi 2 version B. Upon further testing it appears that the dongle itself may be problematic. When I attached the dongle to another PC I use for video editing that PC recognizes it but when I try to connect to that PC with either my smartphone or my iPad via Bluetooth the dongle attached PC does not show up when searching for new Bluetooth devices.

I've got another dongle I ordered from Amazon that should be delivered later today...

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#24 | Posted: 14 Sep 2019 01:40 
@biasi

OK I took the path of least resistance and bought a Raspberry Pi 3 and configured it and was able to connect to LightSpace via WiFi as an access point. Now I am having issues with Device Control I was able to add PGenerator to Device Control no problem but when I hit the connect button it connects OK but I do not see any dialog box popping up that would allow me to modify the PGenerator...can you help with this? Sorry for all the rookie questions!

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#25 | Posted: 14 Sep 2019 15:48 
Never mind Riccardo I overlooked the Device Control setup instructions link on your Italian web site...printing them out now...

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#26 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 19:28 
OK I finally figured out the issues I was having with bluetooth connections and my RaspPi 3. On the Windows 10 tablet I use for calibrations (Dell Venue Pro running latest version of Win 10), once you have paired the RaspPi 3, you then have to click on the "Show hidden icons ^" icon on the right side of the task bar (not the notification area) and then right click on the bluetooth icon and then select "join personal area network". Having done that I found that I still had to manually connect to that bluetooth PAN in order to get things working properly. After performing those steps I was able to add the PGenerator to Device Control without issue and LightSpace recognized the 10.10.11.1 address in network manager without issue. I just spent about an hour playing around with LightSpace ZRO and PGenerator and the bluetooth connection was rock solid for the entire time.

Thanks again to Riccardo for development and support of this wonderful tool! I will keep hope alive that we someday have a version that does bit perfect YCbCr output and HDR!

Author rohirm
ZRO
#27 | Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:58 
Hi, I have some trouble connecting with Bluetooth. At first the PGenerator was not discoverable, I had to enable it by running:
sudo bluetoothctl
discoverable on

Shouldn't that be on by default? Maybe something went wrong with the pkg_update or..?

Now I can see the device in Windows (7) BT device listing. But the device has an exclamation mark on it. Connect using Access point doesn't work.
When I select the Troubleshoot option from the device menu it says "The driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device.". When I press "Apply this fix" it tries to search a driver for it but fails.

Where I can get the driver?

Author biasi
ZRO
#28 | Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:43 
the raspberry bluetooth software is discoverable when device start only for some minutes;try to delete the device from bluetooth device list,reboot the device and add the device with "Area Personal Network"

Author rohirm
ZRO
#29 | Posted: 25 Oct 2019 17:22 
Thanks! I got it working with different computer, not sure why it didn't work with that one, but doesn't matter

Author Make73
ZRO
#30 | Posted: 21 Dec 2019 22:22 
I got not so good results when used LAN-connection via router.
Now I try connect it by Bluetooth and:

"Bluetooth PGenerator is paired>Bluetooth Device>Join Personal Area Network>PGenerator>Connect Using Access Point>"

Seems to be fine,but I cant get it listed to LightSpace.
There is 10.10.11.10 at Server IP adresses but it wont appear to client list.

I have lates firmware updated.

I´m newbie so please could you help by easy instructions please

RASPBERRY PI 3 MODEL B+

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /
 PGenerator – Connectivity Guide Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0