| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

BenQ PV270 connection issue in LightSpace LTE

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 11:49 
Hi forum,

I've performed a full characterization of my BenQ PV270 and created a 3D LUT, which was then rechecked and verified. However, I'm running into an issue when I follow the guide for uploading the LUT to my PV270's hardware.

The Upload pop-up window allows me to select BenQ as "device type," but even though I can tick and un-tick NULL Cube, the "Monitor Name" selection is greyed out, and "Select Cal Set" is empty. If I just hit Upload without selecting a monitor, I get an error message about failing to initialize the BenQ monitor.

I am running Windows 10, and the monitor is connected to the LightSpace PC via USB that was supplied by BenQ. Does the monitor need a driver download or some kind of firmware update?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:14 
Have you checked the have the latest BenQ firmware in the display?
And the same with the driver.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:16 
Thank you for the response, Steve. I believe I have the driver installed (computer recognizes display as BenQ PV270 in Device Manager), but I'm not sure about BenQ firmware within the display. How do I check this?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:23 
You will have to talk toBenQ.
We do not have access to their firmware.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:25 
Oh - and make sure you have a direct video connection too, as the User Guides states.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:29 
I will contact them immediately, Steve. Thank you.

I do have a direct video connection as well as the USB connection. It's currently using DP, but I performed the characterization with TPG from Resolve, connected through HDMI via BMD's Mini Monitor 4K decklink card.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:16 
Huh...the correct monitor name (PV270) and Calibration Set options finally popped up on their own. Not exactly sure why, perhaps I just needed to wait a little longer? Anyway, I'm going to continue with the BenQ guide on Light Illusion and get this all finished up!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:20 
Weird - while the display is slow to communicate, it's not normally that slow...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:22 
That's what I figured. It definitely seemed like something wasn't being communicated between monitor and PC. Not exactly sure what changed. the LUT is 80% uploaded, I will report back on the progress and see if I can figure out what was going on with the connection.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#10 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:33 
LUT uploaded correctly to the PV270! Very strange behavior there for a while. I'm going to continue working in LightSpace and continue to refine the LUT, but it's good to know that the upload process works now. Thanks a bunch, Steve! Love this software so far.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 17:09 
Extra question: for profiling a PV270, I want to select RG Phosphor under Calibration Settings, correct? The panel is a GB-r LED.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#12 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 17:12 
Actually, you would need to check with BenQ.
I can't remember if it is a PSF Phosphor, or not.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#13 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 17:13 
Understood, thank you.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 BenQ PV270 connection issue in LightSpace LTE

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0