| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

i1Display Pro Problem

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 14 Mar 2019 23:13 
Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a recently manufactured Rev B i1D3 colorimeter. I've installed LightSpace DPS so that I can become more familiar with the software before moving on to a paid version, but I'm a bit stuck.

My computer recognizes the probe just fine in Device Manager, I've installed the software and registered the license no problem, but even after selecting the i1Display Pro probe in the Discoverable Probes tab, I can only use the Virtual Probe.

Any ideas about what I might be missing? Thank you in advance!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 14 Mar 2019 23:30 
Could another program be hogging the probe?

Have you installed alternative drivers, rather than the standard X-Rite ones?

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 14 Mar 2019 23:37 
I'm not sure if anything else is hogging the probe. I have DisplayCal installed on my system, but I'm not currently using it. How can I tell if the probe is in use by another program?

Regarding drivers, I haven't manually installed any X-Rite drivers. In Device Manager, the device reads as "Eye-One Display 3 (Argyll)." I'm on latest Windows 10 PC.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 00:57 
Could the Argyll driver from DisplayCal be the conflict here? I plugged the probe into my computer via USB, and the system recognized the device and told me the driver was up to date.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 01:26 
As well, I noticed that my old Spyder 5 would also not be recognized by LightSpace DPS despite selecting it in the Discoverable Probes tab.

Author amir
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 05:22 
It's the AgryllCMS drivers I think. I had the same problem with my Spyder 5 and after removing the drivers and installing the official one LightSpace is recognizing it. It's kinda annoying because DisplayCal needs the AgryllCMS drivers, but I guess that's how it is for now.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#7 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 07:36 
Yes, that will be it.
Argyll uses non-standard drivers for all probes.
Annoying, but nothing that can be done about that as its not a LightSpace issue...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 12:22 
That's what I figured. Thank you!

I have uninstalled and deleted all things DisplayCal. However, when I reboot my machine, going to device manager reveals that the probe still reads with "(Argyll)" at the end of the name. Am I missing something in the uninstalling process for DisplayCal and the ArgyllCMS drivers?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#9 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 12:23 
Sorry to say, I have no idea.
We never use Argyll.
But, have you deleted the actual drivers too?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#10 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 12:32 
As far as I knew, but perhaps I didn't?

I went into Device Manager multiple times, right-clicked on the probe (listed as an Argyll device), and clicked "Uninstall device." But when I reboot, the probe reads as Argyll controlled again, so clearly I'm missing the actual driver. I just don't know where it's kept in Windows.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#11 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 12:35 
Sorry to say, we can't help.
You'll need to talk to someone who knows Argyll and find out what the issue is...
Seems very poor that it can't be uninstalled easily though

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#12 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 12:37 
It definitely does seem poor! I'll contact Florian at DisplayCal about it.

Thanks for all the help so far Steve and Amir! I'm on the right track now, and hopefully I'll be able to dive into LightSpace soon.

JC

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#13 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 13:55 
I've finally uninstalled the argyll driver successfully, and LightSpace now recognizes the i1Display Pro probe. Looking forward to learning LightSpace! Thanks again.

Author amir
ZRO
#14 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 16:54 
So what I did was I uninstalled through device manager, but you also need to make sure you tick the delete drivers options otherwise it will just reinstall the Agryll drivers the next time it detects the probe. And then just install the X-rite software that installs the correct drivers with it. I did this with Spyder 5 and it worked for me.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#15 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 17:01 
That's exactly what I ended up doing, Amir. I just kept forgetting to delete the drivers after uninstalling. Whoops! Things seem to be operational now.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 i1Display Pro Problem

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0