| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Convert Color Space Issue, hanging in virtual machine.

Author rleitzell
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 19 Apr 2018 17:28 
Hello all--
I've been having an issue and wonder if anyone else has ever seen anything like it or might have an idea of a solution. When attempting to convert a color space, my install of lightspace cms hangs, depending on the profile I'm trying to convert. I'm running in Mac world on Parallels, but have tried a number of iterations, both VMWare and Parallels, Windows 8.1 and 10 (and I think I even tried an old install of Windows 7.1 before with the same issue). It's obviously challenging for me to work out the various permutations of what might be causing the problem, but I think it's related to the number of patches in the profile.
Currently, in Windows 10:
Gray scale? No problems. Primary Colors? Hangs. 4x4 Patch? No problems. 5x5 Patch, hangs. However, to make things even more confusing, a 5x5 patch test I did a few days ago runs fine, one I did today hangs.
I've let it go for hours sometimes when it appears hung, no progress is ever accomplished. Have tried giving the virtual machine more and fewer CPU's, more RAM, less RAM. No difference.

Any insight would be rather appreciated!
Thanks,
Rob

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 19 Apr 2018 17:47 
I would suggest testing the same profiles on a Windows native PC.
It may be a Mac issue.
Having said that, it's not something we are aware of.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Manni
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 22 Jun 2018 20:11 
I also have issues with the latest release (Windows 10 x64 Pro in Parallels VM).

What happens is that the software is prone to crash, and when I try to create a 3D LUT it just hangs. I tried different profiles (including old ones that used to work fine), same results. Lightspace simply hangs.

I had not tried to generate a 3D LUT for a while, so it definitely used to work with Lightspace in a VM, but it doesn't anymore.

Steve would it be possible to download the latest V8 version, to see if it's something that V9 broke? I don't have a V8 at hand anymore.

Thanks.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 23 Jun 2018 10:12 
There are no known issues with the present release. There must be something 'different' with your setup.
Have you tried a different system?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Manni
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 23 Jun 2018 10:36 
Thanks Steve. It looks like a LUT can just take ages (3 minutes or more) to be generated. I forgot that the software looks like it hangs while it generates a LUT. If you could find a way to show some kind of progress bar (even a fake one) instead of having an interface that looks like the software has hung, it would help

I'll post again if the crashing issue comes back, but consider the lut generation solved for now.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 23 Jun 2018 16:35 
It does say in the update notes/user guides that the new v9 colour engine takes longer to process, due to its enhanced accuracy

Steve
Steve Shaw

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Convert Color Space Issue, hanging in virtual machine.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 1 [ Steve ]
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0