| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Eizo CG247X

Author jamied
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 2 Mar 2018 16:22 
I posted this on LGG...

I was trying to calibrate my CG247X with LightSpace and an i1D at the weekend but got nowhere with it. The LUT created was clearly way off so I think I must have my initial setup wrong or I'm missing some fundamental thing in the process. Tried with Resolve as the TPG and using the Eizo internal patches.

As I understand it, you need to use one of the three CAL-1,2,3 slots and these have no settings at all, the only thing you can preset (using LightSpace) is the brightness so that the 255, 255, 255 patch measures 100 nits. After that the LUT has to do gamma and white point, etc.. I had the monitor set to RGB and Full, feeding HDMI from a Decklink Mini Mon 4k (set to 444, which seems to affect HDMI and SDI).

I contacted Eizo support but they aren't aware of any reason why it wouldn't work. Any thoughts?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 01:16 
Yes, we have discovered an issue that we are now discussing with Eizo.

This issue may/may not be your problem, but it probably is.
What we would presently suggest is testing the calibration in a pure RGB 444 image path, as well as YUV 422.
You will likely see very different results.
(There is a menu to force the Eizo into PC/RGB mode which you may need to locate/use)

We cannot presently comment further, until Eizo finalize their response to us.
But, this is not a LightSpace problem.

You can 'test' the LUT you generate via 'Active LUT' within LightSpace to see if the LUT is correct before uploading into the Eizo, as that bypasses the Eizo issues.

See: https://www.lightillusion.com/error.html

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author jamied
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 12:26 
Hi Steve,
I made sure everything was RGB, Full before starting the calibration. In fact I work with it set as RGB/444 anyway. In my tests I always seemed to get very good readings when verifying with the Active LUT enabled but when I go to upload it was immediately apparent that the LUT was wrong. (I tired one of the LUTs I exported and put it into Resolve as a monitor LUT and it looked the same.)

Can you think of anywhere else things could have gone awry or something I did wrong? Could I have a problem with my i1D Probe (it's the retail version with the the drivers from Ted)? Or the TPG in the Eizo? Unfortunately, I won't get a chance to look at this again for a couple of weeks but I'd love to figure out where this could have gone wrong.
Thanks
Jamie

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 12:47 
jamied:
(I tired one of the LUTs I exported and put it into Resolve as a monitor LUT and it looked the same.)

Sorry, was wrong, or the same as Active LUT verification?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author jamied
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 12:52 
The same as when it's uploaded into the Eizo - not good!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 12:55 
Ok -that is actually good!
Then you have an unrelated issue that is probably a scaling issue.
(TV Legal vs Data.)

As said, see: https://www.lightillusion.com/error.html
You should be able to isolate your issue there.

If the Active LUT Verification is good, the LUT is good.
The issue is elsewhere, and is NOT a LIghtSpace issue.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author jamied
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 13:04 
Ahh, but where!? There's not much to set, RGB not YUV, Full not Limited, DeckLink on 444. Brightness set (using LS) for white as 100nits... (When controlling the brightness of the Eizo TPG while Measure is turned on, I had to set it to 187 does that seem very low?)

I'll scour through that page again and see if I could have missed anything.

Thanks again
Jamie

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 13:13 
Err - I have no idea, as I can't see your workflow.
But as Active LUT works, the issue is elsewhere...

What about VideoScale?
That may be needed if you are using a video range image within a data level workflow.

It is all documented in the user Guides.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author jamied
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 13:31 
I'll try the LGG guys again, I know they've had it working with LS and seem very happy - everyone seems to do it slightly differently but hopefully I'll get some Eizo tips there

Author Steve

INF
Male
#10 | Posted: 10 Mar 2018 10:52 
Please see this post: https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=13&topic=482

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author jamied
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 10 Mar 2018 12:57 
Thanks for the heads up. I've been working RGB (444) all the way so hopefully I'll be OK. I'm hoping to revisit this in a week or so. I was advised by someone who's had good results to do the pre-setup using ColorNavigator so I'm hoping that will help.

Cheers - Jamie

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Eizo CG247X

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0