| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

LightSpace CMS: Probe settings while using a reference probe

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#16 | Posted: 10 Feb 2013 10:26 
We'll have a look, but no promises
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Yorkie
ZRO
#17 | Posted: 9 Mar 2013 16:10 
Not yet bought your software but am interested to know if it would allow me to use my Colormunki Spectro to profile my i1D3

Author Steve

INF
Male
#18 | Posted: 9 Mar 2013 16:28 
Sorry, no - we do not support the Colormunki as there has never been any interest in it - the i1 Pro (2) being the most used spectro.

Unless it uses the exact same protocol as the i1 Pro 2 it wont work with LightSpace CMS.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author sillysally
ZRO
#19 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 01:00 
Up till now I never used a reference meter, just my K10-A, and have a great profile/LUT.

I could not find the driver for my I1pro 2 in LS (86) program files (win 7, 64) so I DL calmans driver pack and installed. My computer found the drive and loaded the I1pro 2.
Is CM driver pack ok to use or where can I find your I1pro 2 driver???

Also when profiling a I1pro 2 as reference meter to a active K10-A meter. Should I put the I1pro the same distance in off screen mode as the K10-A when profiling the I1pro ???
I did as what the screen pop up said and put the I1pro on screen but I set my K10 off screen about 11", results from the profile that I ran were not very good, compared to not using the I1pro as the reference meter or using any meter as reference. Simply using the drop-down and setting the K10 to Klein plasma.

ss

Author Steve

INF
Male
#20 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 07:52 
There should be no need to manually load the i1Pro2 drive from any source - just select the probe from the 'Tools / Discoverable Probes' menu.
We cannot vouch for the CM driver at all...

When doing probe to probe matching you should set the probes for their individual 'best' location.
With the i1 Pro 2 on a plasma I would use the probe in non-contact mode, like the K10.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Harry
ZRO
#21 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 09:31 
few weeks ago I'd compare the driver rev from xrite, SpectraCal's driver pack V2.2 and LightSpace.
They were identically.

Author sillysally
ZRO
#22 | Posted: 1 Jul 2013 00:08 
Steve

I found where the problem lies in loading the driver for the I1pro 2 and Win 7 64.
The I1pro driver (from x-rite) is not signed so Win 7 didn't install correctly, by clicking on the driver in LS program files I had to ok the driver install.
I did uninstall the driver pack before I installed the same driver for the I1pro that is in LS.
Yes Harry it seems the driver pack and LS driver is the same, in both cases you have to OK the install of the driver.

ss

Author Harry
ZRO
#23 | Posted: 1 Jul 2013 10:48 
"The I1pro driver (from x-rite) is not signed "

Yes, that's true; I think, that's the meaning of the "?" on the i1 Pro icon of my device manager screenshot.
It's a bit obscure, why x-Rite (no small company) won't get their drivers WHQL certificated.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#24 | Posted: 1 Jul 2013 21:32 
Ah - that would explain it...
I run my PCs with security disabled!

Steve Shaw

Author alex_t
ZRO
#25 | Posted: 21 Dec 2013 16:43 
Hello.

I need some advices. I can profile my i1D3 with an i1pro2. With my LSCMS HCL version I need to do this manually, it is quite easy.

My question is the following: I have a video projector DILA (JVC X35), my room is very dark. I would like to decrease the time needed to make a full 3DCUBE characterisation, it's why I wondered if the i1pro2 could be turned to the screen and the i1D3 (with its white cover) turned to the video projector.

Thanks

alex

Author Harry
ZRO
#26 | Posted: 22 Dec 2013 10:56 
Basically you can do it this way, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Reason: When you profile a Colorimeter against the Spectro, basically both should see the same field of view (FOV) on screen.

So I would do it this way: Make a i1D3 vs i1Pro2 profiling with considering the FOV rule. Aim both probes faced to screen (center) with the individual needed distance of both probes. But how to find out best probe aiming with considering FOV?

Usually, the i1Pro2 is ~17cm behind the i1D3 (same probe as SpectraCal's C6, only with different FW) and the i1D3 is in ~61cm distance to the screen.

Then make the profiling. You know, with LS HCL you have to enter the i1pro2 values by hand.

Next to that profiling you can remove the i1Pro2. Turn the i1D3 towards the PJ, use the probes white diffuser and aim it to the center of the projection. Don't go too close to the PJ, because you will get kind of a monitor-backlight-effect in low luminance levels! The probe's Y range is 0,003 ... 1000 cd/m²

Then run a new profiling using this LightSpace Probe Options setting:
Reference Probe = your i1D3 profile (referenced to i1Pro2)
Active Probe = NONE
Integration Time = 2s
Extra Delay Time = 1s
Display Type = Burst

Press Measure All and LS will ask you for a new profile name. Name it like you want, eg. i1D3 Faced2PJ

That's it.

But please note:
Even with this Spectro-referenced method you could get slightly differences in (low) gamma ... at least that's my experience, as I've done comparisons between measruements Faced2PJ / Faced2Screen.

Author Harry
ZRO
#27 | Posted: 22 Dec 2013 11:14 
ah - and in addition an other hint:

For probe+display profiling (calibration) set your JVC always in the same mode as you want to use it later.
That means: Set CMD + MPC and the Lens Aperture Setting as you do it usually for watching films and set the input signal to 1080p24 (in case of using the PJ for watching BR's).

That's really important!

Author alex_t
ZRO
#28 | Posted: 22 Dec 2013 13:23 
Hello Harry,

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. After a couple of tests, I seem it's better to keep both probes facing the screen (for my room).

I'm doing a full 3D characterisation, I'll let you know how it works once I generate the 3DLUT (this evening).

Alex

Author Steve

INF
Male
#29 | Posted: 22 Dec 2013 14:28 
Just to chip-in...
We ALWAYS recommend profiling from the screen.
No matter how good the screen is it will always affect the calibration readings.

Steve Shaw

Author Harry
ZRO
#30 | Posted: 22 Dec 2013 15:19 
Steve is right - indeed that's the absolut preferred way for calibration.

But I understand Alex first thought also - the i1D3 needs more integration time in low light levels and in sum the 10^3 profiling will run longer.

So F2PJ should be only used as alternative way, if the PJ tends to fluctuate over that long profiling duration, because as I've said in the past, and as I will say it every time - UHP lamps are not able to "burn" with a constant behaviour in brightness + CCT over hours and hours. That can make a significant influence to every calibration, so "speed is king" (that's why I love my K10A).

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 LightSpace CMS: Probe settings while using a reference probe

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0