| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

I1 Display probe

Author Paul
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 9 Jul 2013 20:24 
Hi Steve,

My I1 Display Probe is not showing up as a probe option. Windows recognizes the device and I have selected it as 'discoverable' under Tools menu. Is this perhaps an update issue? (Windows, firmware, Lightspace)

Thanks,

Paul

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 9 Jul 2013 21:56 
Which model i1 Display?

Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Paul
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 9 Jul 2013 23:37 
Steve

Apparently its just an I1 display not upgraded to I1 Pro (no license upgrade)

Thanks

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 07:46 
Ah - so it's an old i1 Display.

We have not tested them for some time, so there may be a bug... but unlikely...
It should work.

But, the reason we have not tested them is they really are not at all suitable for accurate calibration. You should upgrade to an i1 Display Pro as a minimum.

Do you have any other 'calibration' software running - such as from X-Rite or Spectracal.
Some such software will aggressively take control of many attached probe, and not relinquish it for use by alternative systems.

Also, can you attach a screen grab of the selected probe options?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Paul
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 20:03 
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. As you said, quality calibration requires something more
suitable. We use a Sony BVM-E250 as well as a variety of inexpensive monitors at the school. I know OLEDs, particularly the blue OLEDs lose intensity, so regular calibration is a must. Is the BasicColor Discus a big step up in quality? or should we invest in a Klein?

Thanks,

Paul

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 21:45 
Hi Paul,

The basICColor is a big step-up, and is a very good probe.
If you can't afford a K10-A then that's the probe I'd go for.
But, we use the K10-A for all our critical calibration work

Steve Shaw

Author Harry
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 12 Jul 2013 11:56 
Yes, indeed - I don't want to miss the K10-A!
Since I work with this great probe, calibrations run very fast and absolutely accurate!

The ability, to hold reference calibration data in his head (and there are >85 empty user banks available), is one of it's top features.
So I just had to perform a one-time accurate referencing to my i1 Pro 2 - and now I have an absolutely top accurate probe for calibrating my PJ! With that feature now I never have to fight with wrong sensor profiling functionality of other solutions / resp. I don't need to use the "SW profiling" functions anymore.

Aiming the probe is also totally easy - just switch on the lights and you see exactly, what the probe will "see".
Finally I just have to select my iPro2 profile (stored in the K10-A's head) in the LightSpace probe options - and the profiling can start.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 I1 Display probe

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0