Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Grading Light Illusion Forums / Grading /

S-Log3 CINE monitoring

Author funkyworm
Mono
#1 | Posted: 11 Nov 2015 10:51 
I have a customer who wants to edit their F55 S-Log3 footage whilst viewing on a broadcast monitor. Flailing around on Sony's forums I find lots of talk of camera LUTs (which I assume burns in the look to the proxy-media);
http://community.sony.com/t5/F5-F55/BETA-S-Gamut3-Cine-S-Log3-and-S-Gamut3-S-Log-Look -Profiles/m-p/282737#U282737
Any advise on using an external LUT (probably the AJA or my own IS-Mini) with S-Log3 and a rec.709 display? I have a full-up license for LightSpace so I can at least manipulate/convert as required.

Author Steve
Scene
#2 | Posted: 11 Nov 2015 16:40 | Edited by: Steve 
You probably just need the Standard Sony S-Log-3 LUT, and use the LUT Manipulation tools to re-scale to TV-Legal range.

Should be fine.

Steve

Grading Light Illusion Forums / Grading / S-Log3 CINE monitoring Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 316 [5 Feb 2020 22:54]
Guests - 316 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice