| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Lightspace EIZO Monitor Calibration

Author Martin
ZRO
Male
#1 | Posted: 27 Feb 2021 13:19 
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has made a 3D LUT using Lightspace for an EIZO monitor that can store a 3D LUT internally?

I have been having issues creating and verifying a Rec709 LUT for an EIZO CG3415. There has been a lot of discussion on this forum and on Liftgammagain about people having issues with creating LUTs for these monitors, but no-one saying they have successfully created a LUT.

Would be great to hear from someone who has successfully uploaded and verified an accurate Rec709 LUT to one of these monitors on how they did it

One particular question I have is that the CG3415 only has the 'extended range' option (grayed out) in the Lightspace EIZO 'upload' window. Does that mean that the 235,235,235 patch (with 0-255 patch scale selected in the probe options menu) is the correct patch for presetting 100% white when using the iTPG?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 27 Feb 2021 14:03 
Just about every user with 3D LUT capable Eizo's have successfully calibrated their displays.
(Actually, I know of no-one that has failed to do so.)

But, there are issue with some models and the location of the iTPG, which means it cannot be used to verify the LUT on such models.
(Plus the issue with the LUT location before/after YUV conversion on some models.)

I have just realised the info on which models have the iTPG in the wrong place is not showing on the User Guide.
I'll sort that now.

And the 'Extended' LUT info makes no mention of 'range', as it has nothing to do with signal range.
It is just the terminology Eizo use to define the two different LUT options.
Standard, and Extended.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author stuart_p
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:44 
Do it all the time. Eizo are one of the easiest monitors to calibrate. Exteremely linear but I use an external TPG and probe (CR100). But even the iTPG works OK but if using the iPTG you wouldn't use a patch scale as Steve pointed out, normally you cannot verify with itpg and frankly I would use an external feed regardless to check the entire signal piepline is OK and as expected. You can use external tpg like Resolve feeding the monitor as an example or HDMI direct from your pc.
The only monitor (in the current range) you have to be careful about with the LUT is the CG247X as it has the 3D lut at the head of the signal pipeline, before scaling and before Y'CbCR>R'G'B' conversion. ie, need to feed the CG247X with R'G'B' if using a 3D lut. All other current models are OK.
You need to make sure you follow the guide such as uploading a null lut (unity bypass) as the Eizo could have a 1D/matrix loaded into the slot and the 3D lut would just sit on top of this.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Lightspace EIZO Monitor Calibration

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0