| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /   

LG OLED - Display Profiling and LUT Generation with ColourSpace CMS

Author liberator72
ZRO
Male
#1 | Posted: 17 Dec 2020 17:26 | Edited by: liberator72 
I thought I would post here for owners of LG OLED that are new to ColourSpace and are in need of a little "head start" on getting set up and running with profiling their display for LUT generation and upload using ColourSpace.

As a former LightSpace user and as I have been using ColourSpace since the initial Alpha build releases, I am very familiar with the interface and the process involved when it comes to LG OLED. It can be a little daunting and somewhat overwhelming when first getting started. There is no clicking "Next -> Next -> Next" (ultimately ending in frustration) here, so I have created some guides to help newcomers.

They have been available for some time already and this has all previously posted about at AVS Forums

However I have recently updated these guides to reflect some minor changes to the user interface of ColourSpace, along with some other additional information and these are now available.

Also available are instructions on how to manually calibrate Dolby Vision and adjust HDR to produce the best possible image on LG OLED. Again, these have been available for quite some time but I have only ever posted about this on AVS Forums.

I have tried to make them as "noob friendly" as possible as they are targeted towards the general home user with no experience of ColourSpace or display profiling in general. However, they are available to any ColourSpace user with a paid license of HTL or higher and access to the Device Control Templates for LG.

To obtain these guides you will need to contact Ted Aspiotis via his website. If you are a new user you will be automatically provided with all the guides and necessary files when you are granted access to Device Control Templates for LG. If you are already a current user of ColourSpace with access to Device Control Templates for LG, please contact Ted and request them if desired.

In addition to these guides, I have created a thread at AVS Forums for users wishing to obtain an affordable bit-accurate RGB patch generator, namely, the Raspberry Pi PGenerator.
When profiling an LG OLED display we need to be sending a Full Range RGB signal as the internal LUT has a 10-Bit 0 -1023 range. PGenerator is perfect in this situation.
The thread contains a step-by-step walkthrough of how to set everything up, and also includes information on how to obtain a new version of PGenerator that includes Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - PGen Edition. This is something I believe should be part of any enthusiast calibrators toolkit!!!!!
It also has information on how to add HDR metadata to the signal for those who have a HD Fury device, and much, much more.
When I have time I will see if I can create a similar thread here for those that do not have AVS Forum accounts, but for now I will just post a link to that thread below.

I will be happy to answer any further questions here, but please understand that I have other life commitments (work/family/etc) so I am not always instantly available. If I do see I have received a question I will strive to answer as quickly as possible.

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 LG OLED - Display Profiling and LUT Generation with ColourSpace CMS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0