| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /   

Eizo CG248-4K Calibration with Resolve as TPG help

Author JelmerD
ZRO
Male
#1 | Posted: 1 Oct 2020 11:12 
Hi, I'm trying out Lightspace LTE to hupefully get a better calibrated screen. My calibration level is beginner and therefore I would really appreciate some assistance.

My setup:
Eizo CG248-4K
i1 Display Pro Rev B. Retail
BM Intensity Pro 4K
TPG Davinci Resolve (and some testing with the internal Eizo Patches aswell)
Davinci Resolve is outputting video levels and the monitor is expecting video levels aswell (Eizo calls it limited input range)
The BarsandBlack Cal Image shows up as expected on the screen.

Yesterday I spend a day fiddling with some settings, after some really weird results doing 2 or 3 Display Characterization's I decided I might spend my time better testing some quick profiles first.

Here is my best result so far:

Pre Profile https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/shared_files/storage/Profiles/2020-10-01equickzprofile.pdf
Post Profile https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/shared_files/storage/Profiles/2020-10-01qquicktprofile.pdf

To me Grey Scale Delta-E, Delta-E Distribution and Clip still look pretty bad. I'm a right or is it not sa bad?

I set the peak luma to approx 100 nits with the Display Controls\Brightness slider
With this brightness my blacklevel is approx 0.1100 nits.
When I unplug the signal or switch to a signal with no input, the black level remains approx 0.1100 nits.
When the screen is turned off the i1 Pro reads 0.0047 nits.

Here is an image of my probe settings:

Both the Resolve patches and Eizo internal patches gave more or less a similar profiling result.

Any tips what to change for a new try with full Display Characterization?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 1 Oct 2020 19:38 
There is no LUT applied in the Post Cal profile.
How/where are you applying the LUT?

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author JelmerD
ZRO
Male
#3 | Posted: 1 Oct 2020 21:54 | Edited by: JelmerD 
My bad. I exported the same profile report for post. I'll make a quick verification profile tomorrow and upload the report.

I uploaded the LUT to my Eizo monitor.

But is a black level of 0.11xx nits oké for a monitor with a contrast ratio of 1000:1 with it's peak white set at 100 nits?

Author JelmerD
ZRO
Male
#4 | Posted: 2 Oct 2020 11:19 
Here is the Post Calibration Quick Profile.
https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/shared_files/storage/Profiles/2020-10-01zquicknprofile.pdf

To my basic graph knowledge, there is quite some RGB separation. Would that improve a lot/be fixed with a full Display Characterization?

If not, any tips on what to change in my (probe) settings or setup?

Thanks in advance.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 2 Oct 2020 11:51 
RGB Separation in the low-lights for LCD displays is perfectly normal, as the display desaturates as it gets near black.
But yes, a large pre-calibration profile will do the best to minimise that as much as is possible for the specific display.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author JelmerD
ZRO
Male
#6 | Posted: 2 Oct 2020 12:22 
Thanks for the feedback. So would you say these settings are 'ok' for doing a full display characterization?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#7 | Posted: 2 Oct 2020 12:59 
I suspect the Extra Delay is too large, but that will just slow the overall profiling, and not affect the end result.
But, it is always better to have too much, rather than not enough.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Eizo CG248-4K Calibration with Resolve as TPG help

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0