| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Reduced Gamut Profiling - creating the user colour space

Author rDin
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 21 Sep 2020 14:24 
Just getting up to speed with ColourSpace and found reference to reduced gamut profiling on this site's help pages.

Questions:

Rather than doing a new profile reading can I simply pull the RGB xy values from my spectro's probe match matrix readings for the screen and use those to create the new user colour space?

Secondly, given that this seems to be quite a powerful method, is there anyway to automate the creating of the user colour space from a matrix/colourspace, given that all the necessary information has already been collected? Perhaps in Colour Space manager there could be a "convert to <whatever this is correctly called>" option that would take the necessary data and create a user colour space that could be used for reduced gamut profiling, which would remove the necessity for fiddly manual work.

Finally, is there an objective way to decide when reduced gamut profiling is appropriate for a display?

Thanks,
Mark

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 25 Sep 2020 11:41 
rDin:
Rather than doing a new profile reading can I simply pull the RGB xy values from my spectro's probe match matrix readings for the screen and use those to create the new user colour space?

You can do either, or use the 'Modify' function in the Library to auto-extract a colour space gamut and gamma.

rDin:
Secondly, given that this seems to be quite a powerful method, is there anyway to automate the creating of the user colour space from a matrix/colourspace, given that all the necessary information has already been collected? Perhaps in Colour Space manager there could be a "convert to <whatever this is correctly called>" option that would take the necessary data and create a user colour space that could be used for reduced gamut profiling, which would remove the necessity for fiddly manual work.

See 'Modify' above...

rDin:
Finally, is there an objective way to decide when reduced gamut profiling is appropriate for a display?

As explained in the User Guides on using Sub-Space, it is ideal to use what a display is pre-calibrated to a colour space it actually cannot cover.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Reduced Gamut Profiling - creating the user colour space

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0