| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /   

Difference between LightSpace and Resolve

Author nelsondunk
User - Mono 
#1 | Posted: 7 May 2020 19:04 
Hello! I'm trying to figure out why I'm seeing such a big difference between running my calibration LUT in LightSpace and then when I load it in Resolve as a Video Monitor LUT.

The report from LS looks great, but when I run a profile after loading the LUT in Resolve, it goes crazy. I am running Resolve on a 2018 MBP with a Blackmagic Mini Monitor 4K going into an LG E7 OLED. I've attached the two profiles here. Any help would be great!

Profiles.zip Attached file:
Profiles from LS and Resolve

www.skylightproductions.ca

Author Steve

Mod - Scene 
#2 | Posted: 9 May 2020 09:23 | Edited by: Steve 
You have a signal range issue.
See: https://www.lightspace.lightillusion.com/error.html
Look at the 'Signal Range' section.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author tristansummers
User - Mono 
#3 | Posted: 27 May 2020 21:37 
In case this is what you are trying, You can't check a resolve calibration LUT, using resolve as the generator, because the display LUT is after the colour generator. So how do you verify a resolve calibration LUT?
tristansummers

Author Steve

Mod - Scene 
#4 | Posted: 28 May 2020 10:04 
tristansummers:
You can't check a resolve calibration LUT, using resolve as the generator, because the display LUT is after the colour generator.

I think you mean the patch generator is AFTER the LUT, so cannot be used to verify the LUT within Resolve.
And yes, that is indeed correct - see: https://www.lightillusion.com/resolve_manual.html

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Difference between LightSpace and Resolve

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0