| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /   

ASUS PA32UCX

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#16 | Posted: 27 Oct 2020 16:31 
The ASUS ProArt displays are not accepted Netflix HDR reference monitors.
For the price, they are very good.
But for the price you will not get a grade-1 HDR grading display.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author lucacasa
ZRO
#17 | Posted: 27 Oct 2020 16:59 
Thanks very clear!

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#18 | Posted: 1 Nov 2020 18:30 
Can anyone give me tips on getting the firmware update on this PA32UCX to work? Needs updating to work with LightIllusion.
It says press both buttons above the power button simultaneously with the updator in a Fat32 stick in the service slot.
This is not working.
does not seem to allow me to press two buttons at the same time and just launches the normal menu.
Is there a thread anywhere to help with this model?
tristansummers

Author Steve

INF
Male
#19 | Posted: 1 Nov 2020 18:37 
The quoted ASUS update worked here.
We had no issues.
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041883/

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#20 | Posted: 1 Nov 2020 18:40 
Thanks Steve Baby steps in spare time for me . maybe I just don't have the knack of pressing two buttons at exactly the same time and holding them consistently enough to make it work. Maybe it hhas to be USB linked to a computer as well. Maybe it hasn't read the stick.
tristansummers

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#21 | Posted: 1 Nov 2020 19:18 
Had made it ExFat, I am a numpty. worked now!
tristansummers

Author Steve

INF
Male
#22 | Posted: 1 Nov 2020 19:20 
Great news!

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author lucacasa
ZRO
#23 | Posted: 12 Nov 2020 14:36 
Hi steve,
the PA32UCX-K is sold with an X-rite i1 Display Pro.
Is this compatible with Lightspace? I remember you need an OEM Probe to work with Lightspace?
Many thanks!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#24 | Posted: 12 Nov 2020 14:37 
lucacasa
Please search this forum for info on non-OEM (Retail) i1D3 probes.
Or see the information provided within the 'LightSpace' software download email.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author simonjaquemet
ZRO
#25 | Posted: 12 Nov 2020 17:36 | Edited by: simonjaquemet 
Hi All

I emailed about this with Steve already. He thinks that the monitor is faulty. Before returning it I want to check if anyone else in the community had similar issues and managed to solve it:

We have a only few weeks old asus pa32ucx monitor updated to newest firmware. Most recent Lightspace.

I'm about to pull my hair out. At first we had trouble to connect to it to use the pattern generator and upload LUTs, then all of a sudden it connected once. We did some calibration uploaded LUTs. Now trying to connect to it again it just doesn't work.

Windows makes the connection sound several times when I plug in the monitor.
But neither in Lightspace nor in the asus proart calibration tool the monitor shows up. Lightspace error message is: "Failed to connect to Asus monitor Failed to connect to Asus monitor P2Ï"

We tried everything. Different cables. Including the one that worked last time. Both usb-c plugs on the monitor. All plugs on laptop. Restarting laptop, monitor. Reinstalling lightspace and pro art calibrator. Also tried with another laptop. Nothing.

What haunts me is that it worked once and that Windows makes the connecting sound. Otherwise I'd be sure it's defective.

Any hints from community much appreciated.

Edit: We tried more thing exchanging with Steve and came to the conclusion that our monitor must be defective. We will return it and hope to get one without bugs.

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#26 | Posted: 24 Nov 2020 16:47 
I found the included usb-c to usb-c cable works in a USB-C port, not the thunderbolt3 port (alienware 17r4) and I had to install the asus calibration software for Colourspace to see it. Only have one usb cable connected to the asus, as it sets the first one installed as the upstream then the second one as displayport output, so maybe you also have a thunderbolt upstream connected? included asus i1display version works when you hack it.

Just how inaccurate is the internal pattern generator?
Can we pressure Asus to get acces to all the presets rather than User 1 and 2?
otherwise I guess i have to upload LUT for each project. keeping user 1 for GUI full range sRGB, though guess I can try the Asus software for that...

Is there a recommended bit accurate hdmi splitter? lack of hdmi out / through is a pro display feature I miss.
tristansummers

Author lucacasa
ZRO
#27 | Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:41 
Hi steve
Steve:
for info on non-OEM (Retail) i1D3 probes.
Or see the information provided

Thanks Steve, I contacted Asus and it's a OEM version they sell.

One more question I see the contrast without the "dynamic display" is very bad just 1:700.
Is it possible to keep activated the dynamic display for a proper calibration with Lightspace in both SDR and HDR?
Thanks!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#28 | Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:44 
lucacasa:
Is it possible to keep activated the dynamic display for a proper calibration with LightSpace in both SDR and HDR?

Yep.
And you should really calibrate in the actual mode you will be using, for any display.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#29 | Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:55 
lucacasa you can use the Asus version but it needs unlocking.
Are we allowed to help on the forum?

Steve, is there a way to controll the Asus setting remotely?
Seems Colourspace does not have DDC control?
tristansummers

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#30 | Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:04 
I am also having trouble connecting.
works on laptop USB3A port but not on older workstation via USB3 powered hub, and not on Thunderbolt 3 port on laptop.
would really like a way to change user modes without using the clunky buttons and joystick.
Ideally streamdeck button?
wonder if all cables work for USB3
Ensure it is connected direct, not via a hub. Think it works in the charging TB/USB3 port, but try both.
Think the connection protocol needs updating?
tristansummers

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ASUS PA32UCX

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0