I have done some testing of volumetric on my E8.
I have done that on tu configurations:
1) Jeti 1501, I1D3
2) Jeti 1501, Klein K-10 (i.e. SF)
The approach I have used was:
1) Measure for corrections based on the native (wide) gamut of my E8
2) Validate the correction in the same scenario
3)Test the corrections on a Rec.709 Gamut previously generated with LS.
For all verifications I have measured the distance from Jeti to the corrected probe, both in math terms (i.e. %dY - normalised on 255,255,255 for easier comparison, dx, dy, dxy) and perceptive terms (dE2000). 1000 (10^3) patches have been used for testing.
Here also a snapshot of primary and secondary colour
For I1D3 down to 193 level
For Klein down to 163 level
As you can note outcomes indicates that the couple I1D3/Jeti benefitsfrom volumetric, whilest the Klein/Jeti doesn't. Of course on my E8.
You can have a look to the whole comparison files and play with them at the following: