| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /   

JVC 1D LUT

Author SoulSurvivor
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 26 Mar 2019 12:50 
Hello all,

I saw that there is now a new function with Lightspace which allowed to use the JVD 1D lut.
I may miss something, but I didn't found yet the instruction in the usual section of the web site.

Someone have information about how to use this function with the JVC projectors (I have the RS46/X35) ?

Many thanks,
Gabriel

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 26 Mar 2019 12:55 
You use JVC's own software to upload the 1D LUT.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Omardris
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 26 Mar 2019 15:36 | Edited by: Omardris 
Hi,
the file exported by LightSpace is loaded into the projector with the program JVC-AutoCal. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no AutoCal version for the RS46.
You can look it up on the following page:
https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/
Peter

Author SoulSurvivor
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 26 Mar 2019 19:41 
Thank you Steve and Omarion!
You're right Omardis, the JVC autocal doesn't work for the Rs46...
Thank you anyway for the informations !
A bientôt,
Gabriel

Author CIR Engineering
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 11 Apr 2019 07:36 
Could someone point me towards instructions on how to generate the JVC autocal file? I mean, I know how to export a file to a jgd, but how do I profile the display (and then convert) to get to the point where I can export the LUT to the JVC application? Does that make sense?

I made a reall quick 7^3 Rec2020 LUT and exported it to the projector with the JVC software, and it did improve the grey scale. Is that all I have to do, but use my larger 21^3 profile instead? It seems that the JVC would need to be in a NATIVE mode when profiling?

I think the answer is no, but can LightSpace generate jpd (picture data) and prof (color profile) files as well?

I got my NX9 here yesterday and I am playing with new ideas and things now

Thanks,
craigr

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 11 Apr 2019 08:24 
Wuth the JVC 1D LUT, remember that black and white are locked in the LUT application.
That means all the LUT can do is correct relative grey scale issues between black/white.
So you really need to target the actual white of the projector, rather than the final colour space white point!

As it is a 1D LUT I would just use a large Grey Scale Only quick profile, not a cube profile.
Either the one within the quick profile options, or make a CSV file to your own specifications.
(Augment may help too...)

And no, picture data/colour profiles are not supported, as I can't see any benefit from doing so (if possible at all).

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 JVC 1D LUT

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0